Grease recomendation for fleet application

Hello all, had a question for the group here. I recently accepted a job with an environmental consulting firm as their equipment mechanic/tool crib manager. This company does everything from water and soil sampling to assessing train derailments to cutting down as well as planting trees, if it's outside, they do it.. We run everything from boats to chainsaws to trucks to augers just to name a few. I am trying to consolidate materials so that I can keep a bench stock on hand.

At the moment, I am thinking of running two greases, a general purpose as well as a marine. My gut instinct says to run Mystic JT-6 hi-temp as a general purpose as I have quite a bit of experience using it in the past and like it's properties. I am looking for recommendations for a marine grease as well as any additional recommendations for a general purpose grease.

As a side note, most marine applications will be in fresh water. Also, we operate in most any environment (we are headquartered in Ohio, but responded to train derailments in Georgia, West Virginia, Virginia, as well as Kentucky in the last few weeks). Lastly, the people that operate this equipment are very hard on it, run it hard and put it away wet. As much as I don't want it to be true, realistically the only time the equipment sees even preventative maintenance (inspecting, greasing, checking fluid levels), is when I get my hands on it, which can equate to very extended service intervals.

Any recommendations that you guys might have would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Any calcium sulfonate grease has a high tolerance for water and is compatible with lithium based grease. I use Kendall SHP but any NLGI 2 will work. As an added bonus, you can eliminate lithium and wheel bearing greases. Calcium sulfonate will cover them as well.

I have been using this in place of all others I was using inc the 238, so far it has shown no water washout and is holding up well.

I will second this. I am using it in everything from wheel bearings to pins and bushings on my equipment. Way better than the mystik grease I was using. I’ve got several neighbors on it too.

Back