grease compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been using a lithium complex grease on our farm equipment but am looking to switch to an aluminum complex as Schaefer's uses. I've checked a couple different charts from a couple different sources I've found online and they all indicate that the two types of greases should be compatible. Does anyone see any other issues?

I've been switching over to LE 3752 Almagard in my 2000 Tundra for over a year now. I had previously been using the Toyota recommended lithium based greases for most of the truck's life. So far, there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Some aluminum complex grease base is not compatible with the lithium products. Others, including Schaeffer, are made to be compatible. If in doubt, contact the grease maker.

Hey boys and girls,
I have the Countrymark compatibility chart and a torn inner cv-boot on a 2001 outback 2.5l, so I'm fixin' to replace an axle. I'll replace wheel wearing seals, so I will need to smear some grease in there. What kind of grease is Subaru's oem and what grease would you recommend?
Thanks,
Billed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back