Graduated 1Qt container with lid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run into a slight issue and am reaching out to the forum for advice and options.

I am currently running a mix of 4.5qts synpower with 1qt vr1 syn but my stash of synpower is in 5qt jugs. I am looking at distributing the contents of the jug into containers and was wondering if anyone else has done this and what containers they have used?

I have considered using old oil containers but getting the oil into them is going to be a pain, you cant see the level as it rises especially towards the 32oz range and then on top of that the graduations are not exact.

I am hoping to find options that are easily sourced, ie. Walmart, amazon, etc.....

One option I thought of was the oil/gas dilution bottles in the marine section but those at usually a little costly.

Another is old power aid/Gatorade bottle but I would have to add my own graduations so that is a last ditch option in my mind.

So I turn it over to the forum for advice and options.

Thank You.

I have done this with many bulk fluids just need a gram scale and do by weight.

Old Pennzoil Platinum bottles are graduated and have the clear line so you can see how much is in there. For draining used oil if you want graduated clear containers True Value has clear plastic painters buckets that are graduated and about $2. Mobil1 gear oil bottles have the graduated clear side as well.

Last edited:
Maybe look at some clear spray bottles like this, it has marks on the side of the bottles for measuring, and you may have to find caps for them, or modify the spray into a cap. They have it in home depot, lowes, walmart, target...usually in the gardening or house cleaning departments, usually about $1-2 each, and you may find them in bulk packs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-32-oz-Professional-Spray-Bottle/19583000

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-...catalogId=10053

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-...catalogId=10053

Walmart has painters buckets In I believe 1 or 2 quart capacities with graduations.....

But the "modified" spray bottle may be easier....particularly the 98cent ones that walmart has with the "dilution ratio" along the side....

But really, kind of a lot of work
smile.gif

Thanks for the links wkcars! Have not seen that "Mainstays" brand spray bottle at my walmart....even though it says instock
smile.gif
I typically get mine over in the grocery aisles with the laundry detergents though.....not the garden center, as the site shows :p

The bottle approach seems a lot easier than the "painters bucket" approach......my thought is of the "creeping oil" that'll find it's way leaking down the side of the bucket, and your transfer container
smile.gif

The spray bottle has the same issues as the used oil bottle in that the opening is small and would require a funnel. It's an option but I am hoping to find a wide mouth bottle.

I have been looking at grainier and they have some options but are priced ~8 bucks each.

I am hoping the dollar store may have something when I stop in this week.

Originally Posted By: dubie2003
The spray bottle has the same issues as the used oil bottle in that the opening is small and would require a funnel. It's an option but I am hoping to find a wide mouth bottle.

I have been looking at grainier and they have some options but are priced ~8 bucks each.

I am hoping the dollar store may have something when I stop in this week.

I use a funnel, into dishwasher, then to ziplock bag for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back