Got some inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet a gal that works in the Lake Mills, Iowa oil filter plant owned by Cummins-Fleetguard.

She say they make lots of other brand and sees Frams go thru everyday. She says all the hole plates on the filters are done as requested by the brand, so we can't guess the factory by the plate. And business is very slow the last year. My guess is most of these companies are going to Asia but continue to use US plants for quick turnaround and special situations.

If this theory is correct we could buy a brand in five differnt stock numbers and all made by different manufactuers and quality.

Tell me if you think this theory could be valid

[ November 29, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Ironthinker ]

I think for some brands this is true ie Fram,supertech etc. For others this would not be true ie WIX,Purolator etc. Oil filters/air filters are really a mixed bag. Disassemble and if happy buy lots!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ironthinker:
snip....

If this theory is correct we could buy a brand in five differnt stock numbers and all made by different manufactuers and quality.

Tell me if you think this theory could be valid

Worse than that, the same number can be different from one time to the next. Don't count on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back