Got rear ended again (mild story)

Here in Chicago, the police do not come out to accidents if there are no injuries. They are supposed to come out if the accident involves injuries, like in this case, but my family members is a paramedic and claims the police don't show up even with injuries.

Did the motorcycle move your Jeep onto the curb? If so, that guy has to be hurting! Fortunately you are ok. Uninsured motorists suck.

Uninsured motorist insurance is very inexpensive to add to one's policy. We upped ours from 100K to 300K after my wife's bad experience 12 years ago.

Did the motorcycle move your Jeep onto the curb? If so, that guy has to be hurting! Fortunately you are ok. Uninsured motorists suck.
Yes.

I saw it behind the body shop yesterday, it doesn't seem to be sitting level

Could be a tire got damaged, possibly a bent control arm or rim?

Mufflers destroyed, there's more underbody damage than I thought

Fixable, but I'm gonna spend forever with a shop vac and goggles cleaning it out

And anyone that's ever broke a window knows you never really get all the glass out

Here in Chicago, the police do not come out to accidents if there are no injuries. They are supposed to come out if the accident involves injuries, like in this case, but my family members is a paramedic and claims the police don't show up even with injuries.
NYPD trials that in different areas at different times

If there's injury or ambulance, they have to come

If there's property damage or a vehicle is rendered undrivable, they have to come

Same for biohazard or fuel/environmental spills, they have to respond

Minor fender benders with mutual exchanging of information and or dashcam footage, you can write the report yourself

Yes.

I saw it behind the body shop yesterday, it doesn't seem to be sitting level

Could be a tire got damaged, possibly a bent control arm or rim?

Mufflers destroyed, there's more underbody damage than I thought

Fixable, but I'm gonna spend forever with a shop vac and goggles cleaning it out

And anyone that's ever broke a window knows you never really get all the glass out

Lower control arms don’t take much to bend. I’m sure the shop will figure it out. He had to be going pretty good to move you!

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm angry.
Update from previous post.

I had head-on collision yesterday.
My vehicle is scrap / I have no collision (do have 1 mil umbrella).
Other Driver had NO License, NO Insurance, crossed double yellow line.
Police told me "he received no tickets because he probably would not pay"

When you have nothing in life, you loose nothing.
When you work hard and have something, you have something to loose.
When you have something to lose, you should buy insurance. I looked at my collision coverage about $250-$350 a year for each vehicle. Probably about 1/25-1/35 the value of the cars so I think you'd have to go 25-35 years not carrying it to break even. Less hassle than trying to self insure and when you do that, you might lose the game, it'd be the same deal if it was a hit and run, especially now with all the drunks and people high on drugs.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm angry.
Update from previous post.

I had head-on collision yesterday.
My vehicle is scrap / I have no collision (do have 1 mil umbrella).
Other Driver had NO License, NO Insurance, crossed double yellow line.
Police told me "he received no tickets because he probably would not pay"
Do they speak English?

Back