Got rear ended again (mild story)

That's the third time in not quite 4 years :oops:

I was parked at work, pulled over to look at some paperwork and see where I was heading next, I hear the scream of a Suzuki 750 and an unfortunately familiar shove, followed by bumping into the steering wheel and showered in broken glass

This is the second time I've been hit while stationary by a motorcycle

Last time at least made a little more sense, at a stop sign at an on ramp

This time was while parked, lights and beacon on :unsure:

According to those who saw it, some genius tried popping a wheelie on a major two lane thoroughfare around noon in traffic, he lost control and wound up into the back of my work issued Jeep Patriot

No helmet, shorts, flip flops, bogus out of state tags, bike suspected stolen (or at least not his), no ID or licence 🤬

First thing was get 911 on the way, they came and rushed him to the hospital with a broken leg, wrist, and some nasty cuts to the face

Bystanders held a compress while I called for an ambulance

He hit the tailgate dead center, so I suspect his face went through the rear glass

I was told he'll live, but he's gonna be hurting for a few days

I was ok, neck was sore for a day or two but nothing compared to what he's going through

Some cruel irony was that this happened directly in front of a funeral home and a State Farm/Allstate agent 😕

The whole office came out (they saw the whole thing)

Police made a report, bike was impounded, I was told he's getting a few summons at a minimum

I was found of no fault, what for being parked

This precinct says they're having a lot of motorcycle incidents lately

I'm still a little shook over this, and it hurt to watch him lying there screaming and bleeding, I'm still not fully over it

But the FDNY, EMT, Police, Insurance people, and a few other bystanders all told me the same thing (cleaned up for standards)

He played a stupid game, he won a stupid prize

This was a crowded thoroughfare, nearing noon, lots of pedestrians (children), buses, box trucks, an 18 wheeler flatbed was just coming by, there's a heavily forested cemetery along this stretch, with big wrought iron gates

He could've hit a pedestrian (or worse a child), he could've gone straight into a city bus, or into the big trees in front of the cemetery, or even a storefront

He could've done someone else much worse

As it happened, the only person he managed to hurt was himself

Now I know this forum attracts the safe and sensible, but I'm saying it anyway

Those of you who ride, you never ride without appropriate attire and helmet

And if you wanna have a little fun, you find an empty abandoned dead end whatever at night, you know better than to play tricks in the middle of traffic

I had been considering learning to ride, just as a skill (like knowing how to work a clutch or air brakes), but this second time around has me thinking I'm best inside a vehicle

Be safe out there, please

Image (4)~2.jpeg

Think I’d find a parking lot … next time it’s a Mack and your story will read differently …

I feel your pain / glad your OK.

Yesterday I was driving thru the City and a driver hit me head-on.
The Police showed up and I will get the Police Report today.

I think my vehicle will be totaled because it is 19 years old / I really liked that truck.
All the good front end damage you can mention.

Edit: The kids Father showed up and said I was acting like a jerk for not shaking his Sons hand when he apologized.

Last edited:
This: “He played a stupid game, He won a stupid prize”.
Or as we use to say “Play stupid games, Win stupid prize’s”.

Thank God you weren’t seriously hurt......I’m sure that your a little banged up, though.
Should have your Company (Company car, right?) give you a little time off to recuperate.

Karma finally caught up with this kid........😲

I feel your pain / glad your OK.

Yesterday I was driving thru the City and a driver hit me head-on.
The Police showed up and I will get the Police Report today.

I think my vehicle will be totaled because it is 19 years old / I really liked that truck.
All the good front end damage you can mention.

Edit: The kids Father showed up and said I was acting like a jerk for not shaking his Sons hand when he apologized.
Sounds like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree! That's why I have uninsured motorist property damage, the morons are everywhere here!

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm angry.
Update from previous post.

I had head-on collision yesterday.
My vehicle is scrap / I have no collision (do have 1 mil umbrella).
Other Driver had NO License, NO Insurance, crossed double yellow line.
Police told me "he received no tickets because he probably would not pay"

When you have nothing in life, you loose nothing.
When you work hard and have something, you have something to loose.

How old is the driver? His lovely father may be on the hook if he's under 18! Or, the owner of the vehicle will be! Like I said above, uninsured motorist property insurance is priceless. I'll add-if some local knucklehead hits me head on, he's getting cited for it, there's too much lying going on when they get to court (or even when the police show up). Or the news media would be getting a call to see if there's interest in a story.

Last edited:
How old is the driver? His lovely father may be on the hook if he's under 18! Or, the owner of the vehicle will be! Like I said above, uninsured motorist property insurance is priceless. I'll add-if some local knucklehead hits me head on, he's getting cited for it, there's too much lying going on when they get to court (or even when the police show up). Or the news media would be getting a call to see if there's interest in a story.
I'd add it

I'd also be lawyering up if someone uninsured/underinsured made me sustain a loss

It's a little odd to me you have to, NYS minimums have a mandatory 25k uninsured/underinsured rider

Everytime I hear someone rattle on about how a state has cheaper insurance, there's usually a good reason why...

The General isn't really insurance

I'm gonna go through my policy (State Farm) with a fine tooth comb, adding and upgrading where needed

I'm taking this incidents as a sign that something bigger is coming, money won't fix it all, but it's a comfort?

I guess being in a hospital bed is easier when you know you've got the bills covered 🤷‍♂️

Lawyer.

What does umbrella have to do with not having collision?

You don't have comprehensive coverage, but you still have liability?

Someone has to be held accountable for his actions

And if that makes me sound petty, it's the same rules I'd be held to if I hurt someone else

And don't make me go on my dashcam rant again (see post about Milan & Taurus) 😡

Back