Got our new gas station.

You do realize that most gas stations make way more money selling food, drinks, lottery etc right? If you think they are getting rich; you are very, very wrong
Well in our town the gas is always 20-40 cents/gallon HIGHER than the stations 30 miles away and one station owner has a 15,000 acre ranch as his “country place”. “Getting rich” nope…GETTING RICHER!

Shell gives discounts on their fuel rewards app and partners up with TMobile to give even higher discounts so that's why they're always so high

One has to take advantage of rewards or other discounts to make their price competitive.

I use Fred Meyer (Kroger) rewards points at Shell. I can save 50-60 cents a gallon usually. One time I saved a Buck a gallon.

Well in our town the gas is always 20-40 cents/gallon HIGHER than the stations 30 miles away and one station owner has a 15,000 acre ranch as his “country place”. “Getting rich” nope…GETTING RICHER!

Maybe that’s his way of diversifying?

Gobsmacked by those prices.
I just filled up this morning and the prices were: low octane $3.27 / mid range $3.57 / premium 91 octane $3.87.
Strange our gas prices were at least $1.00 more mid Sept and then it dropped around end of month to these
prices now. No explanation. I guess the way the fuel is set up across the globe and USA they can just put what
ever they feel like when ever they want to. Can anyone point to the specific thing that happend to cause the
latest drop? I know some will say it has zero to do with any recent thing and is based on something a year ago?

I’ve found a photo of Chris’s vehicle on the one day a month he drives the 120 miles round trip to fill

2097EB95-D26D-4ABD-AA28-F003D2506288.jpeg

People don't remember that part Hall...

I remember gas hitting $4.24 a gallon for regular in 2006... Three years later regular was $1.99... And that was in southeast Virginia where prices in average were cheaper than most places.

Back