Got our new gas station.

The price of wholesale gasoline on the NYMEX futures market is 2.63 a gallon so add your states taxes and you'll see how much the oil companies are screwing you 🙂...I think the feds stopped taxing didn't they? Im on my phone so I'll post a chart later when I'm on my desktop.
And … and … and … plenty other steps and costs before you swipe a credit card …
551B4470-593D-4FC8-A54E-F95A35C6B609.jpg

And … and … and … plenty other steps and costs before you swipe a credit card …
Sure they need to make a profit...but how much exactly? I think that old metric from decades ago of a gas station making 5 cents a gallon prolly never existed and most definitely doesn't now

Gas has gone down in Silicon Valley. Costco is $5.50 for rag and $5.76 for wannabe premium 91*.
I'm selling the Tesla! Yay!

Or maybe I'd better go gas up before it jumps again?

Interesting on how the prices fluctuate depending on the region. Ours was $4.79 a month ago. Now it’s $5.99.

The gas pumps have adds running and the one I used this morning was too loud!

I never heard of Maria Menounos until I saw her on the screen at my local Shell. I’ve seen Maria Menounos talking to me through that screen so much, I feel like I should be on a first name basis with her. Oh well, she’s easier to look at compared to some of the folks there pumping gas I suppose. 🤔🍻

I never heard of Maria Menounos until I saw her on the screen at my local Shell. I’ve seen Maria Menounos talking to me through that screen so much, I feel like I should be on a first name basis with her. Oh well, she’s easier to look at compared to some of the folks there pumping gas I suppose. 🤔🍻
Be careful trying to inject humor into a discussion on this site, this place is full of engineers incapable of appreciating that 🙂

How is some fuel TT … and some not ?
Every fuel distributor specifies exactly what they want from the fuel depot. By and large there is only one fuel depot in most markets so all gasoline comes out of the same pipe.

Sometimes one has a choice as to which blend, such as summer/winter/fall/spring.

The distributor always has the choice as to the detergent package. Can't buy the Shell detergent package unless one is a Shell station, but the fuel depot has Shell's detergents and mixes as the delivery truck is loaded.

Top Tier simply stipulates minimum quantities of EPA approved detergent packages in excess of the EPA required concentration. There is no reason everyone cannot use TT quantities without paying TT tithe, just can't use the TT trademark.

The whole purpose of TT is to convince buyers of Costco (and other off brands) is as good as Shell and Texaco/Chevron.

Every fuel distributor specifies exactly what they want from the fuel depot. By and large there is only one fuel depot in most markets so all gasoline comes out of the same pipe.

Sometimes one has a choice as to which blend, such as summer/winter/fall/spring.

The distributor always has the choice as to the detergent package. Can't buy the Shell detergent package unless one is a Shell station, but the fuel depot has Shell's detergents and mixes as the delivery truck is loaded.

Top Tier simply stipulates minimum quantities of EPA approved detergent packages in excess of the EPA required concentration. There is no reason everyone cannot use TT quantities without paying TT tithe, just can't use the TT trademark.

The whole purpose of TT is to convince buyers of Costco (and other off brands) is as good as Shell and Texaco/Chevron.
This has been covered over and over here including by haulers … K/M charges to move other folks product …
(like to terminals) … I talked to a terminal manager in the Corpus area … Same as you describe - they spike it per customer recipe/chemicals …
ExxonMobil Research Engineering spent lots of money developing their pack … so it’s going to be used …
Think Top Tier came from the OEM side …

Last edited:
Back