Got our new gas station.

Anytime gas price discussions take place, I ignore anything related to California.
That's the way I feel about Shell gas. It's always psycho-high wherever I go.

I think halfway between Vegas and northern Nevada was the most expensive I've ever seen....except for those fraudulently high rental return stations at airports.

Reactions: GON
Two days ago the fuel cartel tried to up the price of RU E10 by 25¢ A few stations went up but most resisted. Now down to previous level. Steady here at $3.329
My ethyl with no corn squeezins is $3.899 but i ususally have about a $1 worth of fuel savers points.

😂

How do you like that Maverick Hybrid?
The Maverick Hybrid has been very good. Economy is as promised. It is a lot of vehicle for $27K. Heated mirrors, wheel, seats are rare at $27K. Spray in bed liner keeps stuff from sliding around. Drives nice and the tech for the most part works well, but not always on the first try with the infotainment screen. Android Auto always requires the cord be hooked up twice. Weird.

The hybrid is quick, bordering on sporty. The "Sport Mode" is fun with its fake engine sounds and shifts. The rudimentary rear suspension is OK. Ride quality was the priority over sharp handling. 65 to 70 mph sweepers are fun and the steering is accurate. Seats are comfy even on longer trips.

Fixed the slightly rough ride when the tank is under 1/4 full, with $12 worth of bottled water. Sand tubes are the same price, harder to position, and not as easy to unload if the space is needed. With Ford only building 35,000 hybrids for the 2023 model year, I think it will hold its value. Mine still has a cash offer of about $33K on Kelley Blue Book's cash offer program.

Last edited:
The loud music at Shell gas pumps is very annoying especially early in the morning.

9F93777C-4DB4-4123-A333-29FACF639656.jpeg

Last edited:
A local business owner bought the land and built a gas station/ market just 2 miles from my house. It's a nice shiney new shell station.

Opened yesterday about 3p. Right now the fuels are cheaper I assume to entice people to stop by.

Part of me don't like change. The other part likes to be able to get fuel without going on a longer trip or to get my bbq tank filled as the new place has propane tank filling too.

Better than an hour minimum trip to tractor supply and back to get it.

The gas pumps have adds running and the one I used this morning was too loud!
Glad it’s Shell - seeing more and more no name fuel and not sure about that ?

A local business owner bought the land and built a gas station/ market just 2 miles from my house. It's a nice shiney new shell station.

Opened yesterday about 3p. Right now the fuels are cheaper I assume to entice people to stop by.

Part of me don't like change. The other part likes to be able to get fuel without going on a longer trip or to get my bbq tank filled as the new place has propane tank filling too.

Better than an hour minimum trip to tractor supply and back to get it.

The gas pumps have adds running and the one I used this morning was too loud!
Holy cow. Last time I filled about two weeks ago it was $2.999. Man I am thankful I'm not in California.

Getting a new gas station in your locale is always worth a celebration in my book 👍🏻.

Glad it’s Shell - seeing more and more no name fuel and not sure about that ?
All the fuel in my area comes from the same source. If you buy name brand fuel you are just paying for the name.

All the fuel in my area comes from the same source. If you buy name brand fuel you are just paying for the name.

How is some fuel TT … and some not ?

Here in Lincoln County NM all the gas stations got new parking lots and a BIG new one was just constructed with a big store and truck facilities.

Biggest town in the county has 8000 residents. Do NOT tell me these retailers are making a few cents/gallon these days.

Here in Lincoln County NM all the gas stations got new parking lots and a BIG new one was just constructed with a big store and truck facilities.

Biggest town in the county has 8000 residents. Do NOT tell me these retailers are making a few cents/gallon these days.
You do realize that most gas stations make way more money selling food, drinks, lottery etc right? If you think they are getting rich; you are very, very wrong

All gas meets the min spec for additives. TT has a small amount more additives... California is very strick about gas. You won't buy "Bad gas" here.
EPA has minimum standards too … But you really didn’t answer the question …
K/M does pipelines BTW …

I hate those ads, we already get enough of them in our lives everyday from the tv, radio, etc.... I've found most of them they have the volume turned up way too loud and is too distracting, I just want to pull in there to pump my gas in peace and then leave. They just started showing up in my area but not everyone has them yet so I try to avoid them when I can. I think for the most part they will all be converted over when they replace the older pumps with newer units.

The price of wholesale gasoline on the NYMEX futures market is 2.63 a gallon so add your states taxes and you'll see how much the oil companies are screwing you 🙂...I think the feds stopped taxing didn't they? Im on my phone so I'll post a chart later when I'm on my desktop.

That's the way I feel about Shell gas. It's always psycho-high wherever I go.

I think halfway between Vegas and northern Nevada was the most expensive I've ever seen....except for those fraudulently high rental return stations at airports.
Shell gives discounts on their fuel rewards app and partners up with TMobile to give even higher discounts so that's why they're always so high

Back