Got our new gas station.

A local business owner bought the land and built a gas station/ market just 2 miles from my house. It's a nice shiney new shell station.

Opened yesterday about 3p. Right now the fuels are cheaper I assume to entice people to stop by.

Part of me don't like change. The other part likes to be able to get fuel without going on a longer trip or to get my bbq tank filled as the new place has propane tank filling too.

Better than an hour minimum trip to tractor supply and back to get it.

The gas pumps have adds running and the one I used this morning was too loud!

Attachments

• IMG_20221014_063922382.jpg
    IMG_20221014_063922382.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 253
I've found the 2nd button from the top on the right side usually acts as a mute button for those "Cheddar News" screens. :)

I think I was at a pump once that had the button labeled, but it seems to work on most of them that aren't labeled as well.
Yup, you can mute them.

Gas has gone down in Silicon Valley. Costco is $5.50 for rag and $5.76 for wannabe premium 91*.
I'm selling the Tesla! Yay!

Or maybe I'd better go gas up before it jumps again?
You should rent a truck, put a tarp in the back, and then fill the tarp with gas. UNLIMITED POWAAAHHHHH

Anytime gas price discussions take place, I ignore anything related to California. I didn't even look at his image for that reason....
Sort of like how Chicago media likes to point to Chicago gas prices as "the highest in the nation"...... But then I could go to California and see prices a dollar or more higher. Makes me wonder where they're getting their information? They must be looking at one station downtown, like at State and Lake Street... Sure, we have high prices here, especially compared to most neighboring states. But it's nothing like California.

Sort of like how Chicago media likes to point to Chicago gas prices as "the highest in the nation"
Even the local news hypes a story about gas prices, their anchors start talking about it, then they flip to a national story that shows pictures of gas station signs with prices at a California station.

Even the local news hypes a story about gas prices, their anchors start talking about it, then they flip to a national story that shows pictures of gas station signs with prices at a California station.
+2

Yep, it's probably easier to use some stock footage than to search around and shoot something locally that might not be quite as sensational.

Back