Good value generator inverter for RV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been shopping for a while for good 3000+ watt inverter/generator for my trailer (so I can run the A/C too)... Most I have seen have closed sides, but did find one on amazon with open sides... Not sure if it makes a huge sound difference with or without the sides.. I know the Honda ones are the bench mark but just dont want to spend that kind of money... Was thinking the one at harbor freight but found this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZVLC9H/ref=twister_B07YQMQDJ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

anyone have any experience with these?

Id have to imagine the closed side one is much quieter, however for about half price its not worth it IMO. I have a regular WEN 3500 watt gen I bought about 7 years ago, and still runs fine with 6 month startups. Its pretty loud though. Ive always wanted to work on making muffler kits for generators to quiet them down, my biggest gripe with any of them is the volume, Im sure for a trailer its yours as well.

lots of info on generators- inverters on the web + notes inverters are for cleaner power for computers + such otherwise a quieter standard generator thats quieter is a lot less $$$$. after searching i just purchased a duromax XP5500E FROM l LOWES quickly delivered by fedex just under $500, have yet to use it, prolly not real quiet but running it outside the house as recommended it wont matter, but in a crowded RV area it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back