Good Synthetic 2-Cylce Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was running Tru-fuel in my chainsaw, but was thinking that I'd start mixing my own. What are the better brands of oil?
Thanks!

LL100 from the local airport + Klotz R50 is what I use in all my Husqvarna outdoor equipment.

We just cut lower branches off our pine tree plantation, 2 hours straight of limbing them using Amsoil synthetic Saber 2 cycle at 100-1 in my Pulon. I never saw a bit of smoke at all and it purred at idle and revved full throttle all of that 2 hours. Great stuff.
smile.gif

Are the Stihl and Echo "synthetic" oil full synthetics or synthetic blends like the Husqvarna oil I use with great success at 50:1.

Whimsey

I would find a station that sells ethanol-free 90 octane fuel and use it.

Then I would use only oils that meet ISO-L-EGD or JASO-FD rating. These are oils from Echo, Husqvarna, Red Max, etc. Read the labels and make sure they have the 'FD' in a little box on the label to ensure they have been certified.

If you haven't already done so then consider replacing the fuel lines on your equipment with yellow tygon line. This will prevent future issues such as line deterioration and tube splitting. Following these measures and using fuel stabilizer in the off season will practically guarantee you trouble free operation for the next decade.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Amsoil Saber for my 2 Cycle engine.

So do I. In fact I recently bought the 50:1 pre-mix and the Amsoil Saber performs as well as the mix. Won't buy the mix again.

Originally Posted By: ET16
I was running Tru-fuel in my chainsaw, but was thinking that I'd start mixing my own. What are the better brands of oil?
Thanks!

How much do you burn a year.

Really, any EG-D or FD rated 2 cycle oil, mixed at a proper ratio will work perfectly.

I like Castrol TT-S for an "off the shelf" fully synthetic, 2 cycle oil.

If that Avgas contain lead ie. TEL, I would not use it especially in small engines where I likely inhale some of it. Lead is not ok, in any amount unless you like all sorts of bad health signs.
Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
LL100 from the local airport + Klotz R50 is what I use in all my Husqvarna outdoor equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back