Good brake rotor paint?

Does any one make a brake rotor paint that will last for more than two years?

Not attempting to make the rotors look good just want to slow down the rust.

Ive used the cold zinc spray paint and it has held up well for me.

Will probably do this same job on our odyssey rear rotor hats after the winter.

It's probably too late now, but why didn't you buy a rotor that was coated from the factory? You still need to get into the nooks and crannies of a ventilated rotor that a brush or spray paint cannot easily and evenly coat.

For your 96 Regal?
I see 8 coated front rotor options including the Genuine GM rotor.

1605516193317.png

Does any one make a brake rotor paint that will last for more than two years?

A paints ability to "last" has more to do with the surface preparation, application and curing than just the recipe ( that's not to discount the actual properties but if the surface and cure is not optimal, the paint wont stay there long enough to matter)

I would think any high temp paint would work fine.

Years ago I was doing brakes on my 91 BMW 318, and I painted the hats with high temp paint. I never had any issues. I used black, which probably hides imperfections. As long as it’s the hat, and not some other section which sees friction and lots of heat, it’s probably ok.

What is the goal here, aesthetics or helping to get the rotor to last longer? Is rotor to be painted new or used?

I would say to make it last longer the inside of the vanes need to be painted. Never going to work unless new. The rotor hat could be wire brushed and painted if used.

I was just hoping some one has had a good experience with paint on brake rotors.

Thanks for the help.

Many years ago I had a yellow 1969 Charger . One time, I spent WAY too much time masking and painting a set of new rotors with yellow VHT . It looked sick until I drove the car . Basically, the very first time I pulled a wheel, the paint was burning off from the vanes . The centers were fine .
Ill never waste my time with that again .

I used a VHT paint, I think it was “roll cage and frame” paint, good to 200f. It’s held on just as well as coated rotors for me.

I was just hoping some one has had a good experience with paint on brake rotors.

Thanks for the help.
Honestly, it is a huge pain to prep a rotor that is already rusted. You are better off buying new rotors that already come painted.

Back