Gold GC update after 1500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a big deal really. its in a 00' golf 1.8T with a boost cont. running approximately 10psi rather than the stock average of 5psi. (peak is about 11 psi)

so far after about 1500 hard miles (and very hot too as well as alot of idling with air on.) I have had NO oil consumption. Almost every other oil (synthetic) ive used in this engine has had some amount of consumption but, not GC green and looks like the gold too. M1 5w-40 had 0 consumption after 5K miles and so did Kendall syn 5w-40. I say 0 consump. they both did have a little bit prolly around 1/8 a quart at most. To me thats negligible.

Green GC has never had any consumption and so so good witht he gold. also, Im running this sample to between 5-6K miles before draining and then sending the last sample of green GC along witht he Gold GC sample. Results at the same time!!!

This is an indicator, to me at least, that the Gold is using a low volatile PAO much like the Green. That is a good thing.
wink.gif

Sounds great! I'm super impressed that my LS1 engine (which is a known oil burner) uses no oil between changes (even 8k changes!) with the green GC so when I run out of it and switch to the gold it'll be nice to know my consumption should also be nil.

After a failed stint to try and locate some Green GC, I went ahead and just put Gold GC in my 05 Saab 9-3 about 200 miles ago. I drained the break-in/factory oil (Mobil1 0w-40) at 5k and plan to run this GC fill to the service light where I will then get my free oil change (Mobil 1 again).

I can honestly say that the engine is quieter at idol and smoother at idle as well than the Mobil 1 that was in there for the first 5k. These turbo four's are lifter noise heavy and GC has seemed to buffer it a little better than M1.

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Jefferson:
you lucky dog Budman!!! That is hopefully my next car!! Or the sportcombi!

Thanks Chris,

I do LOVE my Saab. To me one of the most underrated and overlooked cars in exhistance. At this rate I am on pace to be a Saab'r for life. And the Combi looks awesome (i have recommended one to a friend)! Looking forward to that V6 Turbo in the 9-3!

BUT, I do not consider myself "lucky" since they are discounted enough with rebates and incentives for anyone in the Accord/Camry market to afford one. And I was one month too anxious that I missed the GM Employee discount promotions that started in June which would have saved me more..
banghead.gif

Ohh, to remain ontopic... GC is a perfect match for the Saab.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Budman:
And I was one month too anxious that I missed the GM Employee discount promotions that started in June which would have saved me more..
banghead.gif

I know this summer's successful Employee pricing for all didnt apply to some GM brands; Hummer for example. I thought Saab as well? Just trying to make you feel better
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Budman:
Ohh, to remain ontopic... GC is a perfect match for the Saab.
smile.gif

Ah-h-h-h Budman,

One marque 'tis but the tip of the iceberg...let's go for the big time..."GC in EVERY crankcase!!!"

PS The Elves wish your name was Paulanerman (if you are not familiar with it, that is a Bavarian beer.)
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:
I know this summer's successful Employee pricing for all didnt apply to some GM brands; Hummer for example. I thought Saab as well? Just trying to make you feel better
wink.gif

No, SAAB is included in the employee pricing...which continues through September 6th according to the SAAB U.S. web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back