Gold class paste or liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've settled on the Meguiars gold class wax but if im hand applying which is easyer to apply? Also which will last longer and look better?

I have never used the paste but I always use Gold Class liquid. Works great and has a brilliant shine, goes on easy and is very easy to remove, and it lasts a pretty long time, usually a month or longer.

I used to use that, but I switched to Meguiars NXT Generation 2.0, it is GREAT Wax. I use liquid. Goes on easy, comes off easy, (smells great) and shines like CRAZY !

Liquids are almost always easier to apply and remove.

Last edited:
Liquid wax always. Paste always seems to end up picking up sand and grit in the can from re-dipping the pad, no matter how careful.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I used to use that, but I switched to Meguiars NXT Generation 2.0, it is GREAT Wax. I use liquid. Goes on easy, comes off easy, (smells great) and shines like CRAZY !

What color is your corvette? I've heard that the nxt is better for light colored cars but the gold class is better for dark.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Liquid wax always. Paste always seems to end up picking up sand and grit in the can from re-dipping the pad, no matter how careful.

Wouldent the sand that ends up in your can from the pad be on your pad anyways if you use the liquid??

Originally Posted By: ryland

Wouldent the sand that ends up in your can from the pad be on your pad anyways if you use the liquid??

It builds up in the paste over several uses. But I'm a klutz, and seem to always get something on the pad...a brush against the stepladder, etc.

Real men use Paste,plus you get more carnauba in a paste than a liquid
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used to be a real man before I messed up my back and nerves and became too much of a klutz to use paste without making a mess. Can't hardly keep from dropping a fork now....sigh
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ryland
Corvette Owner said:

What color is your corvette? I've heard that the nxt is better for light colored cars but the gold class is better for dark.

It is Nassau Blue.

30585Cropped_Blocked_Back_Angle.jpg

Lol. With extreme elbow tendinitis from too many,big time,Bass Fishing Hoooksets,I ain't man enough to use Paste wax,anymore. "But,I'm as good,once,as I ever was." (Toby Keith)

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
What does one apply the liquid wax with? foam applicator? and buuff off with MF towel?

That's the best way
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
What does one apply the liquid wax with? foam applicator? and buuff off with MF towel?

Yep!

If you are seeing debris on your applicator (or in the tin) when waxing it likely means you need to clay and at least a dedicated paint cleaner or use a cleaner/wax.

My guess is you are seeing more debris with paste since you may be applying with more pressure than a liquid as you spread and work it in. It is embedded on the paint and not removed from normal washing methods.

I think foam applicators are best -- always apply thinly as possible. You should barely see it when hazed. Applying too much just wastes wax and makes it harder to buff off to get a nice shine.

Thanks for the confirmation foam appl/MF towel -
Can the Meguires Liq. wax be buffed off immediately like Klasse or does one need to let it haze?

I have never used a liquid wax, and I am becoming intrigued...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back