Going with Petro Canada Duron-E 10w40 Synthetic

I have a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 water cooled wet sump, which is yet to be taken on the road from winter storage, and a few days ago I drained last years Rotella T4 15w40 oil and put in new T4 15w40, then I changed my mind and drained that out and put in fresh Rotella T6 5w40 which is in the bike now, but today I changed my mind again and phone ordered a case of 12 x 1 liter Petro Canada Duron-E HDEO 10w40 Synthetic from a local PC dealer. My thinking is to drain that fresh T6 5w40 and put the PC 10w40 Syn in before my riding season begins. For whatever reason I felt the 15w40 is too heavy for our temperature and the T6 5w40 shears on me too fast so I'm going with the book recommendations to use a 10w40 wt. I almost bought the Amsoil motorcycle 10w40 but didn't and really wanted the Mobil 1 4T Racing 10w40 but no where to be found here with no luck on the M1. I have neither used the Amsoil or the M1 ever before so I hope the Duron-E will be ok.

My bikes did not like the Rotella T6 5W-40 at all. I'm sure whatever else you put in there will be just fine. Following the manual is usually a good idea.

I think you’re fine with any of those oil’s, how cold of temps will you ride in? 15w40 is good down to 0 deg f. Honest opinion here, you drained oil that didn’t need to be drained. Hopefully you could use the good oil in another vehicle.

what was bothering me was seeing the Kawasaki owner's book recommend using 10w40 and I wasn't using that, most of my rides are between 48F to 65F

Back