Going to 3k oil changes for a bit

Thats only sold in US. Some crap about exhaust side vtec.

CR-V 2016 EU manual. For ACEA oil and API oils.
Keep in mind that ACEA 1-4 are higher HTHS then API, usually.

1718492964774.jpg

I know this. They say it takes 4, 4k oil changes to get to 100% clean. I don’t think the endurance holds as much dirt as the full synthetic

Where does it say that they recommend four 4000 mile runs? I have heard it mentioned that they say to use it for four intervals but I didn’t see anything about how long they recommended for each of those intervals.

I’m planning on running my first interval with R&P for 6000 miles. I’m still not sure if I will do four OCIs in a row with it or if I will just do the occasional interval with it every once in a while.

Where does it say that they recommend four 4000 mile runs? I have heard it mentioned that they say to use it for four intervals but I didn’t see anything about how long they recommended for each of those intervals.

I’m planning on running my first interval with R&P for 6000 miles. I’m still not sure if I will do four OCIs in a row with it or if I will just do the occasional interval with it every once in a while.
Valvoline tests the oil for 90hrs to see the cleaning ability. They say 90hrs is roughly equivalent to 4000 miles

What's the point in running a modern oil in a relatively modern car for only 3k miles? That's a waste of time, money and resources.
I agree with your thoughts there, except in situations like this where it’s being used as a cleaning agent. That being said I still plan on doing a 6000 mile interval for my first run with this oil. My Civic’s engine doesn’t consume much oil so I don’t think it’s too dirty in there. If it consumed a lot of oil I would run shorter intervals with this oil at first.

I agree with your thoughts there, except in situations like this where it’s being used as a cleaning agent. That being said I still plan on doing a 6000 mile interval for my first run with this oil. My Civic’s engine doesn’t consume much oil so I don’t think it’s too dirty in there. If it consumed a lot of oil I would run shorter intervals with this oil at first.
My crv consumes a good amount but I’m not exactly sure since I just got it so I’ll see what it uses first then adjust accordingly

I don't understand what you mean. How is it being used differently?

I just mean that I normally think that 3k oil changes are way too soon and a waste of time and money, but when someone is using an oil to clean up an older engine that has a lot of deposits then running a few 3k intervals might be safer since that oil is doing a lot of cleaning during those first few thousand miles. But once an engine is clean, I'm a big believer in oil change intervals in the 7-10k range. For a long time now I've felt like 3k changes are unnecessary overkill. I stopped doing 3k changes about 20 years ago myself.

I just mean that I normally think that 3k oil changes are way too soon and a waste of time and money, but when someone is using an oil to clean up an older engine that has a lot of deposits then running a few 3k intervals might be safer since that oil is doing a lot of cleaning during those first few thousand miles. But once an engine is clean, I'm a big believer in oil change intervals in the 7-10k range. For a long time now I've felt like 3k changes are unnecessary overkill. I stopped doing 3k changes about 20 years ago myself.
I go 5k max because my commute is only 7 mins. So I drive a lot of in town driving with few highway trips, unless I’m seeing family out of state. I’m lucky if I do more than one oil change a year

Back