GMT400 door handle hardware

D60

Recently purchased an '89 K2500 for our non-profit...

The previous owners were likely purveyors of, um, recreational substances. Outer door handle is 100% missing. Inner doesn't work either.

On the outside they somehow managed to attach something like forceps so you reach in the door cutout where exterior handle should be and push down on forcep handles whilst sticking out your tongue and squinting just right, and door usually opens

I have on order:
1)exterior handle
2)key lock cylinders
3)actual latch mechanism

What I don't know is what connects exterior handle to latch mechanism? Is this the correct part??

Buy a truck from crackheads, win stupid prizes. It took them more time to make this work than to just fix it correctly.

I need whatever should span the distance from exterior handle to latch assy
20220214_083930.jpg
20220214_083951.jpg

Most auto parts store still stock this door handle and sometimes the associated hardware. They have been a common weak point since day one.

Recently purchased an '89 K2500 for our non-profit...

The previous owners were likely purveyors of, um, recreational substances. Outer door handle is 100% missing. Inner doesn't work either.

On the outside they somehow managed to attach something like forceps so you reach in the door cutout where exterior handle should be and push down on forcep handles whilst sticking out your tongue and squinting just right, and door usually opens

I have on order:
1)exterior handle
2)key lock cylinders
3)actual latch mechanism

What I don't know is what connects exterior handle to latch mechanism? Is this the correct part??
Have you had the door panel off, maybe the broken parts are still in the door.

Back