gmail drives me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that gmail threads email conversations in often randomly organized threads. Some previous emails in a thread are very hard to find and some seemingly vanish altogether. New emails are usually automatically placed on the top of a thread, but sometimes they appear at the bottom. These problems happen especially when exchanging emails with more than one part via carbon copies. Has anyone else issues with this? If so, have you found a solution (other than ditching gmail)?

I usually don't write CCs, so it's usually not an issue. However, an email thread gets weird if folks don't quote all the previous emails when they reply to an email.

For some reason I get tons of breast augmentation spam mail. I thought my breasts were fine.
tongue.gif

If you are looking for a free POP3 email account that works well give Lavabit a try.

Link to Lavabit

It's what I use.

I use it on my thumb drive when traveling too with the free email program called Thunderbird. They have a portable version which works well for my email needs.

SrDriver
It appears that Lavabit is closed to new accounts.

Quote:

Due to a recent increase in the number of accounts being created for abusive purposes we have decided to suspend new user registrations until further notice.

I've been using gmail for a while now, although mostly just via Outlook Express. No problems there. But even using gmail's web interface I'm not facing any issues. If I need to find something, usually just using the search feature works.

A pirate walks into a bar with the steering wheel of his ship on his crotch. The bartender says "hey you got a steering wheel on your crotch." The pirate replies, "Yargh, it's drivin' me nuts!"

Give the free Inbox Mail a try! You can turn on POP3 and use it both from the web and your POP3 Mail program.

Link To Web Site

You can set many levels for blocking spam to include receiving email from only those in the address book.

It also has storage for pictures, etc.

Spend some time reading about the setup, etc., on their web site.

Works great with Outlook, Thunderbird, Web Email, etc.

Big plus over most all other free email accounts with Inbox is that with the options in blocking SPAM, you can lock things down where you only receive mail from people in your address list or that requires authorization the first time that someone sends email which effectively blocks SPAM.

You can turn on the POP3 part and use your regular email program.

Just setup your address book at the Inbox Web site.

You can export your address book from Outlook or Outlook Express and import it into your Inbox email list.

It took me about 30 minutes or so to setup everything.

If you want to lock things down and prevent spam then this is worth looking at!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back