GM vs acdelco MAS sensor..help me choose

Hi all!.. Would the GM mass airflow sensor be slot better,than a AC Delco one?
Looking to buy a new one. When I got my beat up 98 lesabre,the mass airflow sensor,was for a Chevy or something. The wire in it,the housing was not designed for the lesabre,looking at pics(rockauto). It should have a.hole through middle housing where wire is,what came with car,is only half hole through.
I did buy a oem brand from autozone,like over a year ago. P0420 code. Replaced cat,o2 sensors. Mechanic did smoke test..said smoke came up throughmass airflow housing. He thinks, an actual one ..GM one would seal shut the sensor to housing.aftermarket one..isn't sealing when screwed down.
AC Delco makes one.rockauto,the Delco didn't look as well made,as the GM one.
Are they actually the same? Or the GM one is way better?

The AC DELCO one is basically a reboxed part made by several sources. The GM OEM part is the same that came on the car. The MAF on your car is not complicated and any good aftermarket one, including the AC Delco will work fine.

Hi all!.. Would the GM mass airflow sensor be slot better,than a AC Delco one?
Looking to buy a new one. When I got my beat up 98 lesabre,the mass airflow sensor,was for a Chevy or something. The wire in it,the housing was not designed for the lesabre,looking at pics(rockauto). It should have a.hole through middle housing where wire is,what came with car,is only half hole through.
I did buy a oem brand from autozone,like over a year ago. P0420 code. Replaced cat,o2 sensors. Mechanic did smoke test..said smoke came up throughmass airflow housing. He thinks, an actual one ..GM one would seal shut the sensor to housing.aftermarket one..isn't sealing when screwed down.
AC Delco makes one.rockauto,the Delco didn't look as well made,as the GM one.
Are they actually the same? Or the GM one is way better?
If this is the one on the throttle body it uses an o ring, if it doesnt have a MAF code change the O ring with one that fits snugly. Simple job, one in this kit should fit, use WD40 on it while installing it. After some bad experience I try not use aftermarket MAF sensors.

Folks, he's just trolling.

As far as I know, ACDelco is the OE for GM.
So as long as the part is ACDelco OE, then it is the same as GM parts sold at GM stealership.

Case closed.

Get the Hitachi MAF sensor on Rock Auto. Hitachi is the OE supplier and claims to be the actual OE part. It costs much less than the dealer/GM item :)

I kinda thought so, oem .dealer. A manager I work with,is building his volkswagon..2000,s something.does timing,evetrything,in. His garage. He also said,AC Delco is junk. Gm, chevy,acdelco..junk.
I saw an MAS sensor, Amazon $144. But didn't say AC delco or OEM. Rock auto has the Delco about $147. And the Buick one with sh..$177.
I know to be careful on amazon..seen pics of others who bought AC Delco fuel filters,and 4 months in,rusted up. Spark plugs could be Chinese copies. Better to go through rockauto.

There is a quality not just price difference between AC Delco aftermarket and AC Delco OE. Hitachi used to make good stuff but I don't know about today, it seems things change almost overnight.

So,for the better of quality,long lasting...I should get the genuine GM sensor,not the AC delco one?Last year, mechanic put smoke machine up too oil fill hole,I believe he told me. He told me,the smoke came from under the MAS sensor housing where sensor meets. Asked who put it on. I did.I bought an oem name brand (non GM or delco) Gor like $90 from autozone. It was on tight. He said I need,or should,get a real sensor. AC Delco he likes. I got the p0420 code at n,many times..it stopped for a while though after have 2 new AC Delco 02 sensors put on. CAT is a bleak mechanic put on,look me 4 years ago and40-50,000 miles already. Bank 1. Cat inefficient.
He thinks,I replace the MAS sensor with dealer,AC delco, it'll solve the problem.not losing mileage.I track it every tank.and use MMO.
So! He told me,start the hier,then take it from thier. So,my post...AC Delco or GM genuine. I guess GM genuine. Read on gm parts website...some lesabres had a del co MAS sensors put on.most used GM genuine.

I wonder about a lot of AC Delco parts. Now they have this "professional" line and some other line. Seems fishy.

I wonder about a lot of AC Delco parts. Now they have this "professional" line and some other line. Seems fishy.
They had,a 3 tier thing at one point. Their brake pads,are silver..gold.like AutoZone has. Theirs a Delco filter then the upf gold.
That means,if its not the gold,top shelf quality,its not funny last long.over 22 years of using aftermarket stuff..almost everything has taken me back too dealer-oem stuff. Because it lasts.you get what you pay for.

when given the choice, I always pick the AC Delco/OEM part...most anything else may have GMs blessing that it meets or exceeds but I prefer to use the same part I am taking out or I pick from the choices available that I feel is better than the OEM part...

Bill

Back