GM looks at small car for Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Buick may get a new small car built off the same front-wheel-drive Epsilon platform as the next generation 2003 Saab from General Motors Swedish partner, as well as the '04 Chevrolet Malibu and '05 pontiac Grand Am.

Buick's smallest offering now is the midsize Regal, which will be redesigned for '04, at which time it is expected that the companion Century would become an option package for it.

The new Epsilon-based Buick would be smaller than the midsize Regal and give the carmaker a low-priced entry-level vehicle to attract younger buyers, the auto industry's quest of late.

From Eagle News Services

Are they gonna have "This isn't your fathers Buick" as their slogan are they.
Ain't this great, Buick might well be next now that Olds is gone.

Incredible that they are looking at Buick when the Cavalier is a 15 year old platform and would rack in more money than all of Buick combined.
mad.gif
. I had to buy a made in Mexico bc GM isn't even on the same planet as the Sentra. I'll give 'em credit with the 2L engine they are sticking in there but good golly how about a decent chasis with an interior that looks a little beter than the bottom of the line Hyundai.

[ November 05, 2002, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

Yes, but we have to be D_I_V_E_R_S_E and work within the GLOBAL economy.

Isn't that a crock?

You're right on about the Cavalier; why not take the basic Cavalier and tune-up the
suspension and put some decent interior amenities in there.

Make you wonder which end they're thinking with>

Maybe off topic but is the new Ecotech motor in use yet in a Domestic car?

I find it interesting that with the what the kids are calling "Ricers" and the modding of them and Import Racing that GM or Daimler Chrylser or Ford has not come up with a car to counter them with. I guess they have with the Turbocharged Neon but was looking forward to the Razor Concept car with Turbo and RWD for toughness,looks like they are not going to produce it.
I like the body style of the Cavalier,if I had a say it would have a LS1 and rear wheel drive,no frills

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Maybe off topic but is the new Ecotech motor in use yet in a Domestic car?

I find it interesting that with the what the kids are calling "Ricers" and the modding of them and Import Racing that GM or Daimler Chrylser or Ford has not come up with a car to counter them with. I guess they have with the Turbocharged Neon but was looking forward to the Razor Concept car with Turbo and RWD for toughness,looks like they are not going to produce it.
I like the body style of the Cavalier,if I had a say it would have a LS1 and rear wheel drive,no frills

They were in I believe the GrandAm last year. For sure they are in the Cavalier this year. I believe its the only engine in the Cav. 140 HP as I recall.

also
offtopic.gif
How is the Motorcycle Purchase going??

I'm pretty sure that the new Cavalier will be based on the Epsilon platform that the newly released Saturn ION is based on. Not sure if that includes the plastic panels...

Al,

It is a done deal! The Green color was chosen.
cheers.gif

Hhmmmm What oil to use in it is on my mind but modding the tractor further is the first priority
wink.gif

The Vette needs more power so have my mind on that as well. The NFL is getting at the good time of the season ,and I am searching for a new rimfire 22 rifle,a mans work is never done
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Al,

It is a done deal! The Green color was chosen.
cheers.gif

Hhmmmm What oil to use in it is on my mind but modding the tractor further is the first priority
wink.gif

The Vette needs more power so have my mind on that as well. The NFL is getting at the good time of the season ,and I am searching for a new rimfire 22 rifle,a mans work is never done
smile.gif

Congrats
cheers.gif
. I know what you mean about the oil. I let the dealer put the crapola stuff in at the 500 mile maintenance point. At 700 or so I put in the 4MXT MC oil. I now have 1600 on it. Gettting about done for the winter
frown.gif
. I think that I may use the Delvac 1 in it. I don't know if it has too many friction modifiers for the clutch. I'm thinking that I will be OK as I am really easy on it. I know lots of folks use the 15W-50 Mobil 1. I see no need to go there.I just may consider the Group III Rotella Syn. Its cheap (Little over $6 at Wallyworld) and I really don't plan extended drain intervals. (at 2000 mi/year)

I know what you mean about all the extra stuff-its a tough life.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back