Giving TMobile Home Internet a try.

So you should run a cable. The most important thing is placing the 5G receiver where it has the best link to the cell tower. Everything else about the installation is to work toward that.

Powerline adapters can work as well as an Ethernet cable, or not, it really depends on the house.

I thought this thread was about HOME internet. Why would you use your laptop at home?
Most home internet either has a modem/router or is hooked to a wifi router. For use with cell phones, laptops, tables, smart TV's etc.

To each his own but I cant imagine anyone actually preferring a small laptop screen over a large desktop monitor not to mention the difference in keyboard size between the two.

I use about 4 or 5 computer in my home office… 2 Mac Minis for general surfing (my old one is still used as a Plex Media Server), my MacBook Pro hooked to a regular 32” monitor and keyboard, the new Mac Mini to my KVM to a widescreen 32” with my company laptop in its dock.

I’d love it if T-Mobile, my current wireless provider, had a clear 5G signal out where I am, but it’s only a weak single bar of LTE… not enough. I’ll keep using the 250Mb line from the phone provider. It would be great though . 😎

To each his own but I cant imagine anyone actually preferring a small laptop screen over a large desktop monitor not to mention the difference in keyboard size between the two.
Well you can run a desktop wifi as well. either with a wifi card or USB wifi adapter.

laptop is as powerful'n keybd is 11 x 5. Screen is 11 x 6.5. All very comfortable AND I use it for everything (plays my radio station all day as my PT wrk is mostly on-line. Used in evening for a TV/movie mo`-chene, no telephone here, does iMessage txt instead (again nice big key bd rather than a lill phone), calculator, etc. I would go smart phone (remote screen/key bd) but am 70 yrs old and been on lap tops for 36 yrs (ibm pc "convertible" then, mac/apple since '89).

Back