Giving TMobile Home Internet a try.

So from a previous post about switching to streaming instead of DirecTV, I decided to try out TMobile Home Internet. Both At&t and Xfinity have data caps. Tmobile has no data cap.
50.00 a month running on the 5g network. My device has 4 bars of service so the connection is good.

Anyone else trying it?

There's a guy on here who loves his.

If you can get a roof antenna, go for it, even if you don't think you "need" it.

Can you take that box with you if travel and use the internet there just like at home?
In the terms of the service that is not allowed, but people have tried it and it appears that the restriction is not (yet?) being enforced.

They do not offer the Home Internet service to my location. I use a T-Mobile hotspot with a grandfathered Sprint unlimited plan for home internet and it works quite well.

It does make a difference to them. They are only offering it for use in places where they have plenty of capacity. In places where capacity is limited, these will degrade the network for everyone.

They do have limited-GB mobile Internet plans which can be used anywhere.

I have a Sprint/T-Mobile MiFi. I had it for 3 1/2 yrs with Sprint (before Sprint/T-Mobile merger). They will send you a Hotspot 5G MiFi Inseego with SIM card installed (you'll have a phone number associated with device,) , shipped Priority overnight. You'll be up & running the moment you receive you Hotspot. No one will come to your house & drill holes for the cable LOL.
Once you get the Hotspot 5G do not lay it down, keep it standing upward (it gets hot if you lay it down because it is constantly charging). Once it is charged the device will beep telling you to disconnect from the USB. The password is on the device. I like it and good luck.

Last edited:
So from a previous post about switching to streaming instead of DirecTV, I decided to try out TMobile Home Internet. Both At&t and Xfinity have data caps. Tmobile has no data cap.
50.00 a month running on the 5g network. My device has 4 bars of service so the connection is good.

Anyone else trying it?
What towers do they use?

What towers do they use?
The nearest tower associated with your SIM card. If you have a problem with the connection, go to your nearest T-Mobile/Sprint and they'll sort it out. They will install a new SIM card that will work on your hotspot device. Bring the deivce with you and the box that came with it, they'll need it there and the info printed on the box.

I am actually in the trial period right now. I've been getting 150-300 down / 20 up with the newer Arcaydan gateway. I had to experiment with different locations to get the best speeds. It's sensitive and even a few inches makes a difference with speeds.

The default settings accessible to the user are limited to basically just changing the network names, passwords and bands. I don't have an external router hooked up.

The Internet tends to drop a few times a day, mainly when I'm watching HD YouTube videos. Restarting the gateway brings it back. My signal level is 4 bars next to a window..

I'll keep trying it for the rest of the trial period but I'm not sure if it will be a reliable alternative to my cable internet. I work from home and can't have dropped calls with clients. It's certainly cool technology, with no wires needed besides the power cable.

I am actually in the trial period right now. I've been getting 150-300 down / 20 up with the newer Arcaydan gateway. I had to experiment with different locations to get the best speeds. It's sensitive and even a few inches makes a difference with speeds.

The default settings accessible to the user are limited to basically just changing the network names, passwords and bands. I don't have an external router hooked up.

The Internet tends to drop a few times a day, mainly when I'm watching HD YouTube videos. Restarting the gateway brings it back. My signal level is 4 bars next to a window..

I'll keep trying it for the rest of the trial period but I'm not sure if it will be a reliable alternative to my cable internet. I work from home and can't have dropped calls with clients. It's certainly cool technology, with no wires needed besides the power cable.
Wonder if the unit is bad. That seems excessive

Have you tried calling their tech support? Mine works great and I live in a heavily wooded area. Yes there are variations in speed but I don't really noticed it, if it goes slow, it goes right back up. It works just like the average cell phone internet connection.

So if you have to keep it upstairs for a good signal but your computer is downstairs, do you have to run a cable between them?
You might not need it upstairs for a good signal. Being by a window might be good enough. They give you a two week free trial.

Back