Give XOM a hug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark has no real concept of private property. I'm not saying the public should be totally ignored - I'm just telling you they are indeed often wrong - especially when influenced by Jane Fonda movies!

Corporate taxes are wrong for a couple reasons, but the main reason is they are simply pass through taxes.

Biggest problem that I've got with corporate taxes is that people compare them to income taxes, and say how comparable they are.

I get taxed on turnover, and they get taxed on leftover.

i.e. I get taxed on every cent that comes into my household, while they get taxed on what's left over after expenses and stuff. I'd sure like to get taxed only on what's left over at the end of the year.

Washing work uniform, union fees.

But nothing like 92% of my income. e.g. Can't claim petrol getting to work, although I can't earn that income without getting there.

Edit...BTW I DO get your point Pablo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Mark has no real concept of private property. I'm not saying the public should be totally ignored - I'm just telling you they are indeed often wrong - especially when influenced by Jane Fonda movies!

Corporate taxes are wrong for a couple reasons, but the main reason is they are simply pass through taxes.

Careful what incorrect things you attribute to me, Mr. P.
Just because I don't chase money doesn't mean I'm a collectivist b2stard any more than your love of it makes you a capitalist pig.
The public shouldn't be ignored, because the public is the entity that ultimately pays for everything.

I honestly know you aren't a commie. There is no way you could conform.

I actually don't love money. I just want to get to the point I don't have to work for the man. In fact, spiritually speaking, money and the pursuit of money is something I struggle with daily. Along with the occasional bad word.

Income tax taxes the minds of too many people. Sales tax is simple, and only the vendors have to worry about it. Canada reallized this, but we ended up with the worst of both worlds - a non uniform sales tax, and a non uniform income tax.

What % of human talent is burned up just administering and calculating the income tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back