Giga Tires?

HI

Any one buy from Giga Tires?

Their prices on ebay are insane, very cheap. I'm looking at a a quality well know tire and can't believe how much they are selling them for.

Their prices even on the mid-tier (non-Chinese) tires are very good. They do charge shipping. If you price match to Discount Tire they will ship for free.

Good deal, tks for the tip.

Their prices even on the mid-tier (non-Chinese) tires are very good. They do charge shipping. If you price match to Discount Tire they will ship for free.

Good deal, tks for the tip.
yes, this is what I have noticed... I am looking at mid tier tires with good performance and they are a good bit cheaper comapred to tire rack or discount tire direct. The prices on ebay include shipping.

I just wonder how old these are, or if they are seconds. I‘m sure their warranty expires the minute you mount them and find out they are out of round. Manufacturer will not honor the warranty because the tires were not sold through an authorized seller. Catch 22 and the loser is the buyer.

I just wonder how old these are, or if they are seconds. I‘m sure their warranty expires the minute you mount them and find out they are out of round. Manufacturer will not honor the warranty because the tires were not sold through an authorized seller. Catch 22 and the loser is the buyer.
do all manufactures require tires to be sold by an authorized seller for the warranties to be valid? I thought all they needed was a receipt showing the install date and mileage.

That's what CC chargebacks are for...

Not sure how much you are saving by purchasing these, but when I buy a tire, I consider maintenance over the life of the tire to be part of the price paid.

I'm not going to rotate my own tires anymore. And I'm not going to rebalance them. That and you can throw any treadwear warranty out the window.

I would say if you put the cheapest discount tire offerings on your car, they will treat you right and you won't be stuck with as-is where is stuff.

Also, what is my time worth? Lugging internet tires to a place to have them charge you $$$ to mount them.

^ ?? How is lugging internet tires to a place, that much more of a burden than having to drive there anyway to have tire put on? I suppose if they won't fit in the vehicle in one trip, there's that, but most online tire sellers will ship to your choice of installer so at most you might get dirty looks from the installer from your depriving them of the extra profit from a tire sale.

It's totally up to you how much work to put into lengthening your tire life, but it is good to take the wheels off to inspect the brakes and suspension every now and then anyway, so very minimal extra work to just have two off at a time to rotate them.

Buying cheap tires you are more likely to need them rebalanced as they are more likely to be imbalanced in the first place, have a shorter lifespan, and a worse traction to ride quality ratio, so depending on how large the price difference is, they may be a false economy unless you are soon selling the vehicle.

I'm not suggesting that the average daily driver needs high end tires, just that there is a sane middle ground and the same applies to rotation and balancing, that you can get excessive with it but there is still a reasonable need for it rather than never doing it.

Granted I don't rebalance if not getting any vibrations, and if I were, then rotating the tires is a great way to determine if the vibration follows the wheel placement or not.

Back