gift ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gift season is coming up and one of the things I like to receive are nice/useful tools. Thought it could be fun to post ideas for moderately priced items that you'd recommend for gifts.

My favorite work gloves are the out of production Klein Journeyman Framer gloves. Can't seem to find 'em anymore but these and these and these look similar. My Klein's have held up great, don't know about these.

Any half decent head lamp. I can't believe how long I worked with an old fluorescent work light and/or small flashlight in my mouth.

Ratcheting, flex head combo wrenches are sweet. List price for this particular set (7 metrics) is $70 but I scored 'em a while back for less than half of that.

jeff

We stay away from the retail gift giving; instead we give gifts of our time in the form of volunteer work. It's far more valuable and rewarding than store bought "stuff".

How's the view from atop your horse Pop?

Anyway that's real admirable of you but I'm not sure how giving my brother a pair of handy work gloves for Christmas precludes me from also volunteering my time and talents to some worthy cause? I can and will be doing both this year.

So back to the topic at hand - any other ideas? Heck I'll even take some more sanctimonious advice
grin.gif

Flex head wrenches are a great idea. Last I looked, Sears has Gearwrench branded ones for $30 a set.

Also, volunteering your time is a terrible "gift". I feel one should be doing that anyways (be it helping family/ friends with a project of giving back to the community in some way) regardless of what time of year it is. Much like treating your SO nicely on Valentines Day.. It should be done YEAR ROUND and not just one made up Hallmark "holiday".

LED flashlights have gotten more affordable this season. Actually put them on my wish list.

Extended and flex head ratchets.

Tap and Die sets are a must for the rust belt.

Would love to get a portable lithium jump pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back