Getting Wax/Polish out of those applicator pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a good way to get car wax/polish out of the small disc shaped hand applicator pads. It says on the package washable, and I have stuck them in a bucket of hot soapy water and tried scrubbing the absorbed wax out of them and so far no luck. Any ideas?

41OoIZqwcbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I wash them in a 2 gallon bucked with about 3 oz of dish soap. Then rinse thoroughly. I've had the same pads for years and use them twice a year on three cars. You can find them dirt cheap in the fall on clearance at several places.

Soak in Oxyclean and throw them in the washing machine. Some polishes, waxes, and sealants just don't wash out no matter what.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
They are cheap enough,dont even waste the time or effort.

This. Once you put a product on the pad, it should only be used for that product until you throw it out.

Seems obvious. Use the washing machine. That said, some pads I do throw away. I used black wax once, it would not come out of the pads.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Yup, wash them out in dish detergent.

Dawn works best. Soak them in hot water and give them a good scrub. It will never go completely white again but they will be clean and good to use. Plus they are cheap. I wax my car every month and replace them every 3. They are under a dollar.......

Toss'em and get new ones!

I have seen 3/$1 in some stores. I other stores, I have seen them, 1/$3. I like the 3/$1 better!

Also, I have used those thin yellow sponges for applying wax. I bought a whole bag of'em at the Dollar Store. The bag had 8-10, 3"x3" sponges. Get them damp like any other wax applicator and apply your wax.

When the sponges get too loaded up with wax products, TOSS'EM!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back