Getting new tires for my 2016 Buick LaCrosse

I couldn’t agree more. Our 2019 Tiguan came with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 442 Ecopia tires. They are really nice.
I guess the best thumbs up for a tire is when they are ready to replace you go with the same exact tire.
We replaced at 70K just because the tires had 70K on them, I'm kind of old school and get a little leery on mileage but the tires still had good tread and no dry rot. The OP should really look at this tire, I would highly recommend it for a SUV/car as a touring tire.

For your car and tire size, look at the Bridgestone Potenza RE 980 AS.
Or, the Hankook Ventus 2 Concept 2. https://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-ventus-v2-concept2-h457.html
it's a LaCrosse, it's a car with no indication of sporting pretensions. It's like an obese man wearing running sneakers, he's not going to be a runner by wearing those sneakers.

Might as well get a grand-touring all-season tire, which is more suited for the character of the car.

it's a LaCrosse, it's a car with no indication of sporting pretensions. It's like an obese man wearing running sneakers, he's not going to be a runner by wearing those sneakers.

Might as well get a grand-touring all-season tire, which is more suited for the character of the car.
The tires I posted match the specs of the OEM Goodyear Eagle LS.

My questions to family & friends when they're looking for that first new set tires(from OE) on a specific vehicle are:
What do you want your new tires to do?
Or better yet, what DON'T you want them to do?
Meaning, how do you want them to perform compared to the OE?

Do you want them to:
Handle better?
Ride better?
Smoother/Quieter?
Better in foul weather/rain?
Better in snow?
Better fuel economy?
Last longer?

Do you care if the new tires:
Ride firmer?
Noisier?
Don't last as long?
Are not keeping the vehicle long term?
Are only black & round?

Many thing to ask yourself. Make up a criteria!

I have Continental PureContact LS on my 2019 Regal TourX. It's the same 235/50R18 size. They are a perfect Buick tire. They are quiet, ride well, last a long time, and have good traction. Knowing how crappy the Eagle LS2s were, it will be a night and day difference if you get the PureContacts.

I too have had Eagle LS 2 (225-55-17) on another vehicle and I didn't like'em either. Not worth the money.
IDK which tires come in the OPs particular size w/o researching but as stated prior, a criteria must be put into place.

Like a kid in a candy store, I get to go tire shopping tomorrow morning and replace all four (4) OEM Goodyear Eagle LS2s on my 2016 Buick LaCrosse. I'm giving the business to my local tire guy and he pretty much stocks every major brand, so I get to have some fun choosing. I drive very conservatively and there is occasional light snow in NJ - so I am thinking touring/all season would be apt. Quiet is good, but reliability/safety is #1. With a budget of $200 per tire, anything cool worth trying?
Michelin CrossClimate 2.

The tires I posted match the specs of the OEM Goodyear Eagle LS.
The Bridgestone is a UHPAS tire.
The hankooks are a HPAS tire

The extremely crappy Eagle LS-2's, despite the Eagle name is not a performance tire at all, it's a very mediocre OE tire that Goodyear offers to auto manufacturers

As suggested, the Continental PureContact LS is a much better tire than the LS-2's, and suit the nature of the LaCrosse better.

Bought a set of the General Altimax RT43. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.
My LaCrosse is the same year as yours. I was going to suggest the Continental PureContacts that I bought late in December; they are quiet and smooth. The Generals I put on my 2011 Buick Regal when the OEM Michelins wore down after 60K miles, and I found them to be excellent tires.

If you have the 300-hp V-6 engine in the LaCrosse, it may not be "sporting" in the BMW sense but the car is swift and powerful. Drive it like that as often as you can!

Bought a set of the General Altimax RT43. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.
I'm also considering these tires for my Lacrosse. How do you like them?
I'm replacing the OE Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires that I really like because of their soft, quiet ride, and I want the same qualities in a new tire. My local tire shop has recommended these General Altimax RT43 tires, but would like to hear from someone who has them.
Thanks!

I'm also considering these tires for my Lacrosse. How do you like them?
I'm replacing the OE Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires that I really like because of their soft, quiet ride, and I want the same qualities in a new tire. My local tire shop has recommended these General Altimax RT43 tires, but would like to hear from someone who has them.
Thanks!
Since I am working remotely due to COVID and hardly ever drive, I am not in a position to rate them yet. Sorry.

Like a kid in a candy store, I get to go tire shopping tomorrow morning and replace all four (4) OEM Goodyear Eagle LS2s on my 2016 Buick LaCrosse. I'm giving the business to my local tire guy and he pretty much stocks every major brand, so I get to have some fun choosing. I drive very conservatively and there is occasional light snow in NJ - so I am thinking touring/all season would be apt. Quiet is good, but reliability/safety is #1. With a budget of $200 per tire, anything cool worth trying?
Ditto on the CS5 Ultras. Soft and grippy. By the way, The Fireplace in Paramus is still open for business. No tires but great cole slaw. You can buy a lot of slaw with the money you’ll save on the Coopers. They’re not expensive.

I do like the Michelin Defender that was previously recommended in this thread but I'm not showing them as available in that size. I'm really a big fan of the General Altimax RT43. Very good all around tire.
I would hold out for the RT 44

Back