Getting new tires for my 2016 Buick LaCrosse

Like a kid in a candy store, I get to go tire shopping tomorrow morning and replace all four (4) OEM Goodyear Eagle LS2s on my 2016 Buick LaCrosse. I'm giving the business to my local tire guy and he pretty much stocks every major brand, so I get to have some fun choosing. I drive very conservatively and there is occasional light snow in NJ - so I am thinking touring/all season would be apt. Quiet is good, but reliability/safety is #1. With a budget of $200 per tire, anything cool worth trying?

I was very impressed with the Sumitomo Tour Plus tires I put on my CR-V last year. They had excellent wet and dry traction and were probably the quietest tires I’ve ever had.

I don’t know what size you are looking for but they almost certainly have you covered.

What tire size? :)

You should consider 3-peak all-season tires, such as:
Vredestein Quatrac 5
Nokian WRG4
Goodyear Weatherready
Hankook Kinergy 4S2
Michelin CrossClimate+

If you want something cheaper:
Milestar AW365
Kumho HA31

Like a kid in a candy store, I get to go tire shopping tomorrow morning and replace all four (4) OEM Goodyear Eagle LS2s on my 2016 Buick LaCrosse. I'm giving the business to my local tire guy and he pretty much stocks every major brand, so I get to have some fun choosing. I drive very conservatively and there is occasional light snow in NJ - so I am thinking touring/all season would be apt. Quiet is good, but reliability/safety is #1. With a budget of $200 per tire, anything cool worth trying?
What's the tire size?

I’d like someone here to try the quiet Bridgestones. Don’t know the model number.
The wife's Volvo is on it's second set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L 442 Ecopia tires. The car came with Pirelli Scorpions that got so loud that i thought a bearing was failing, nope bad tires. Put the Bridgestones on it and it was night/day difference. In fact the biggest problem we have had with them is going 20MPH over the speed limit because the ride is so good. After putting 70K on the first set we are now 30K into the 2nd set. Wifey will not get a new car because she likes the XC60 so much.....it has 150K on it without any issues except for an AC compressor.

I'd try to see if the Nokian Tyre One is available yet. It's got a pothole damage guarantee now with the Aramid reinforced sidewalls from its SUV tire cousins, like the Nokian WR G4 SUV.

The wife's Volvo is on it's second set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L 442 Ecopia tires. The car came with Pirelli Scorpions that got so loud that i thought a bearing was failing, nope bad tires. Put the Bridgestones on it and it was night/day difference. In fact the biggest problem we have had with them is going 20MPH over the speed limit because the ride is so good. After putting 70K on the first set we are now 30K into the 2nd set. Wifey will not get a new car because she likes the XC60 so much.....it has 150K on it without any issues except for an AC compressor.
I couldn’t agree more. Our 2019 Tiguan came with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 442 Ecopia tires. They are really nice.

OH boy, so many good tires to choose from. I'd want a tire that really compliment the LaCrosse's characteristics and your driving style & climate/weather that they'll encounter.

Back