Getting logged out constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant this be fixed?

Now its happening 4-15x a day.

Last edited:
I have an ancient dino Inspiron 1525 laptop that I use wd40 on it to get it to run, but I don't get logged out unless I have been bad. I think this thing is at least 7 years old and it still flys.

Run maywarebytes and all will be ok and u won't need therapy and use google chrome so it runs well. imho

Mine does this daily on my laptop and XP. About once a week on the desktop with W7. Both using Firefox as the browser.

I guess BITOG has too many active members, and the administration wants to drive away a good few.

Logging people out, making the posting of pictures somewhat difficult, often heavy handed censorship (and member 'vacations')
Yes it's still the same good ole BITOG

Fortunately there are still a few MEMBERS here that keep the site alive, but loose them and it's a slippery slope .

Quote:
The search function being limited to a year is kind of senseless.

All,

I have increase the search to 5 years. We will watch the performance of the server to see how the longer search duration may affect performance.

Wayne

All,

We believe this logout problem mostly happens with IE and mostly doesn't happen if "remember me on each visit" is unchecked. We are actively trying to solve this problem.

There are not too many active members and we don't log anyone out.

We are looking at allowing images to be posted/hosted directly to our server, but we need to understand the bandwidth requirements better before we make a decision.

Thanks,

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
All,

We are actively trying to solve this problem.
Wayne

Thanks Wayne - that's what I have been waiting to hear!

Tom

If I get logged off, it's 2 clicks with Firefox and I'm logged back in. Not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back