Get your grapes on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out local grapes are great right now.

grape4415.jpg

Yep, I used to work in a produce dept about 20 years ago and the grapes from CA were 100 times better than the grapes from Chile. Have you ever tired Organic Red Seedless ?

They are sooo sweet they taste like candy.

The grape in the photo looks like a 'Globe' grape.

I'm a fan of the thompson and flame seedless varieties myself. love grapes.
Citrus season is also coming up I'll probably eat 3 dozen navels and tangerines by february.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
The grape in the photo looks like a 'Globe' grape.

That's indeed an organic, seedless Red Globe. I think I paid $3.99 per pound. I like all kinds of grapes, but the local grapes are world class. These Red Globes have a thin skin.

Tom's right, citrus fruit is almost in season. Oh, and Honeycrisp apples have been available for a few weeks.

T is next to R.

Takes awhile for our Honeycrisps to get down to you guys. I'll need to see if your grapes are up here. But those big ones are mainly sweet, no character. I like small wine grapes and muscadine grapes

Two summers ago, I was on a trip with my mom and sister going back to our home country to visit family. On the Tokyo to Dallas Fort Worth leg of the return trip we got these huge grapes that smelled really nice and tasted really good as a snack. I haven't seen anything like them in the grocery stores around here before. I wish I could get my hands on some of those. I think they were the only good tasting thing that American fed us the whole trip.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
But those big ones are mainly sweet, no character. I like small wine grapes and muscadine grapes

Absolutely. You need all the character you can get.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
On the Tokyo to Dallas Fort Worth leg of the return trip we got these huge grapes that smelled really nice and tasted really good as a snack.

Maybe those were Texas pairie grapes.
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure it was provided by the catering service in Tokyo. Seeing how American Airlines is into reducing unnecessary weight, it was probably cheaper to pay for them in Japan than to carry the extra weight on a 13 hour flight from Texas. Of course some of the food that we got did taste like it was prepared 13 hours before hand,
37.gif

But to stay on topic, I didn't really like grapes until recently. Still don't like the seeded ones, but the sweet unseeded ones are good.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Two summers ago, I was on a trip with my mom and sister going back to our home country to visit family. On the Tokyo to Dallas Fort Worth leg of the return trip we got these huge grapes that smelled really nice and tasted really good as a snack. I haven't seen anything like them in the grocery stores around here before. I wish I could get my hands on some of those. I think they were the only good tasting thing that American fed us the whole trip.

They may have been Kyoho grapes. They are dark purple or black, huge, but with plenty character. They grow that variety also here in CA.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Awesome.....I'm thinking some type of true NC musca fox grapes....there are ways to deal with the seeds and the skins are just good roughage. Tasty I'll bet.

Extremely tasty and juicy.
The old folks made good wine out of them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back