Generator question. 120/240 50A outlet

Thanks for the idea. Ordered one. I would like to cut down on the number of cords coming through the window.

I believe that particular plug is similar to a rv hook up.. 240v hot to hot… 120v hot to neutral. So there’s two individual 120v hot legs split one neutral.

Similar to a split receptacle that were used in kitchens.

Didn't want to start another thread, but slightly different subject. Ran the generator for over an hour yesterday with a number of things plugged into it, just so it would have some load on it. Dumped the oil. Wow was it sparkly. It rivaled some metallic paints I've seen. Put in some Castrol Edge 10W-30, and probably won't run it again until we have a real power outage. Rumor has it that could be any day now, when ERCOT begins to "manage" power consumption.

So, one hour on the clock, run on LP only so far. Bought two 5-gallon gas cans, put in 4 gallons each of non-ethanol, and topped them off with a gallon each of TruFuel. Storing them in the garage, along with 2 LP tanks, until they're called to duty.

It's no Generac whole-home, but it also didn't cost $14K.

Didn't want to start another thread, but slightly different subject. Ran the generator for over an hour yesterday with a number of things plugged into it, just so it would have some load on it. Dumped the oil. Wow was it sparkly. It rivaled some metallic paints I've seen. Put in some Castrol Edge 10W-30, and probably won't run it again until we have a real power outage. Rumor has it that could be any day now, when ERCOT begins to "manage" power consumption.

So, one hour on the clock, run on LP only so far. Bought two 5-gallon gas cans, put in 4 gallons each of non-ethanol, and topped them off with a gallon each of TruFuel. Storing them in the garage, along with 2 LP tanks, until they're called to duty.

It's no Generac whole-home, but it also didn't cost $14K.
All of my small engines took a few oil changes to get all the break-in glitter out. I suggest multiple short oil changes while the engine continues to break in.
I did 1hr, 2hr, 5hr and 10hr. The 10hr drained clear, so now I'm on the 50hr/annual change schedule.

What is the difference between the 30A and the 50A not sure why using the 30 would be in any way different besides the adapter.
Sorry, didn't notice that the 30a was a 120/240 outlet. Many of them have a 30a 120v only plug

Back