General Transportation Question

MolaKule

Staff member
What form of motorized transportation is used by more people each day than any other and is deemed the safest transportation of all methods?

A bus is my vote, with some weights for added mass to win the physics equation. I'm subscribing to this to learn more.

EDIT: changing my vote to a train.

I have no data sources, wildly guessing.

1711574878491.jpeg

What form of motorized transportation is used by more people each day than any other and is deemed the safest transportation of all methods?
The best of my knowledge an airplane is the safest form of transportation unless this is a trick question! but I don’t know if it’s used by more people every day as cars would be most used short commutes, and by far the most deadly of all forms.

Unless we could use the general term that public transportation is most used by the population, and far safer than an automobile

Are we talking worldwide or just USA?
Worldwide I'd lean towards scooter/moped. Millions of them on the road in other countries, with a pretty low ratio of riders VS accidents.
In USA it's likely...idk. Hybrids?

We're talking worldwide.

In terms of the total number of people movers, automobiles come in second. Whether they are the safest mode of transportation, well, it depends on many variables.

Hint: This form of transportation only moves vertically.

We're talking worldwide.

In terms of the number of people movers, automobiles come in second.

Okay, you got us having given away the most salient clue.
Haven't ridden one since 2/12/24.

We're talking worldwide.

In terms of the total number of people movers, automobiles come in second. Whether they are the safest mode of transportation, well, it depends on many variables.

Elevator? The Wonkavator does move horizontally too! :unsure:

I was surprised as well.

The elevator moves around 2.7 billion people per day, or about 1/3 of the world's population each day.

Prior elevators were mostly used for goods until Elisha Graves Otis showed, at the NYC World's Fair, that the elevator brake he invented provided a safe way of stopping it from plummeting.

Back