General Exclaim UHP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks to be General's new tire into the high performance summer category. It has a AA traction and A temperature. It looks like it is ranked 2nd in its category on Tire Rack.

I have owned my share of big name tires over the years. I won't buy Goodyear, Michelin, and Pirelli tires anymore. They are way over priced for what you get. I been happy with brands like Falken and most recently Barum. I have a set of Barum tires on my car right now. I bought them
at America's tires. They are a small German tire company owned by Continental Tire. So since Continental owns General Tire, I see another great tire at a lower price point.

-

I was eyeballing these, but the lack of a treadlife mileage warranty turned me off.

So since Continental owns General Tire, I see another great tire at a lower price point.

Careful with that logic. Michelin (MN) Rubber has three tiers it being the top of course followed BF Goodrich (BFG) and Uniroyal. Overall I can not put Uniroyal best all season touring tire against the MN Harmony. It is a lower tier.

Every tire regardless of the Manaf has to be rated on an individual model line basis. Even companies that people may love to hate can have ONE stellar performer. (GY Assurance Triple Tread)

"I was eyeballing these, but the lack of a treadlife mileage warranty turned me off."

How about you consider the the DOT UTQC # ??? Is it 340, 400?

This criticism of tires always sets me off.

Are you serious man? This is an UHP Z-Rated tire. They may burn fast or slow depending on driving habits and the rubber compounds involved. My "warranty-less" Michelin Pilot A/S lasted 33,000 miles on a heavy foot with lots of g force cornering to deal with.

If you want a mileage warranty look for a Kumho ASX or something.

All in all IMO the General Exclaim like the Kumho ASX represents a tremendous value compared to $$$200+ UHP tires of other brands. You get almost 80% of a Michelin Pilot at about 50% of the cost. There is dangerous cheap rubber and thier are values the Exclaim is one of them.

Of course, regardless of the tire (Triple Tread, Hydroedge, WinterSport M3) just be careful when it rains and snows. No tire will save you from under estimating nature if your playing chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back