General Altimax RT43 Sidewall Issues

In the event that this has any bearing on future responses/I come back in 10,000 miles, I am going to leave my recent "after" alignment printouts here -- I don't believe the rear right could get toed-in anymore than .01 (vehicle was involved in a rear-end collision prior to my purchase so maybe something is bent). I didn't ask, since I just saw green and went on my way. I know these numbers could be better, of course. Total toe is good.

Yes I know I am beating a dead horse :). I've got far too much time on my hands at the moment, clearly. Stumbled upon this image from another thread on here and it sort of resembled what I've got goin' on. Insides of my tires look clean and smooth.

View attachment 41621
Hey! These are my tires!

I now have 30K miles on the tires. I don't have a newer picture of them, but the areas which were "peeling" here, have rounded themselves off.

So far the tires have been good with no abnormal wear. But I understand your frustration about having perfect tires. For something that you expect to last a while, you'd like them to be in the best condition possible.

Hey! These are my tires!

I now have 30K miles on the tires. I don't have a newer picture of them, but the areas which were "peeling" here, have rounded themselves off.

So far the tires have been good with no abnormal wear. But I understand your frustration about having perfect tires. For something that you expect to last a while, you'd like them to be in the best condition possible.

At first I thought you meant your Altimax looked the same haha. Thanks for joining the thread and giving us an update!

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well.
So I started to notice my fronts are wearing down faster than my rears at 3,000 miles on the tires (by looking at the VAI sipes). I know this is normal due to braking and turning forces on the fronts compared to the rears. I have an AWD that I’m assuming is front biased. There seems to be a heel to toe wear in the opposite direction than what is considered “normal” on both fronts, in other words, the rough edge of the tread is on the leading edge and the smooth edge on the trailing edge. So when you run your hand front to back, it gets caught on the tread. Back to front is relatively smooth.

What could be going on here? My toe specs are as published earlier in the thread, so maybe too much toe-in? I brought my car in to the shop to see about possible strut issues due to a creaking noise from my front end, but they said everything was fine The photo below illustrates what I’m talking about; it’s not as pronounced in person, but the shadow from the sun helps show what’s going on.
Thanks

Attachments

• 32CF0B0C-5735-4C64-A420-753413D86ADF.jpeg
    32CF0B0C-5735-4C64-A420-753413D86ADF.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 38
Back