GC Availability in my town

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, so HELLO to all fellow enthusiasts!

My background... I have a RX-8 and it is in break-in still (I'm going up to 8,000km without synthetic, thats 5,000mi). My 'stash' of GC green (M04) is up to about 15 quarts, just waiting for that magical moment when I pour it in for the first time.

Hopefully I can find a good oil filter up here, haven't had any luck... I did notice a 'max life' filter at Canadian Tire (I think that is Valvoline brand)

My local store has 12 quarts of the M03 GC, is it worth buying or should I keep looking around for more M04 (there is lots up here still I think).

Thanks for your knowledge, and drive safely. Looking forward to good 'chats' on here.

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Flop:
This is my first post, so HELLO to all fellow enthusiasts!

My background... I have a RX-8 and it is in break-in still (I'm going up to 8,000km without synthetic, thats 5,000mi). My 'stash' of GC green (M04) is up to about 15 quarts, just waiting for that magical moment when I pour it in for the first time.

Hopefully I can find a good oil filter up here, haven't had any luck... I did notice a 'max life' filter at Canadian Tire (I think that is Valvoline brand)

My local store has 12 quarts of the M03 GC, is it worth buying or should I keep looking around for more M04 (there is lots up here still I think).

Thanks for your knowledge, and drive safely. Looking forward to good 'chats' on here.

cheers.gif

welcome.gif
Flop...while I would love you to know the joy of The Green, agree with subaru_legacy...my understanding is that syn is not recommended for rotaries...have you gotten advice about that?...if not, I would before I used it...I wish you the best
cheers.gif

Hi all!

Recent rotaries are now good to go with synthetic and it the standard fill in europe for the RX-8.

The oil is supposedly metered (1 quart per 10,000km) for seal lubrication (this is an approximation).

The original seals (back in the RX-2) were not compatible with the OLD synth oils and caused problems with premature wear. This issue has been a moot point since the RX-8's introduction and since the constant improvement in oil technology.

There are MANY RX-7 owners that use synthetic and Mazda themselves sell synth for rotaries. There is still some fear mongers that don't realize that modern synthetics aren't actually any different than modern GF-4 oils. Often they share the same base stocks anyhow.

I'm going to grab the M03 oil tomorrow to ensure a long and happy rotary life for the rx-8

Ttyl

Welcome aboard! If you're looking for a good oil filter, you can always try out NAPA for their NAPA Gold, or Carquest for their premium filter. Both of these filters are made up here in Cambridge, by Dana and are very good oil filters.

I will go check out Carquest and NAPA. I must have one of these places around town. I'll check out the oil filter forum, perhaps there is some feedback on the Mazda factory filters there.

ttyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back