Gasp! E-core!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using an e-core since Dec and didn't even know it! I had the oil changed then at the local Firestone w/ Kendall oil. They are Firestone branded filters. It has the same print on the dome end as the ST I put on today. It is completely intact inside.

just an observation from a NEW-B
burnout.gif

I just want to make sure that you saw a nylon cage on the inside, right? Or an odd shaped baseplate that is typical of e-cores. I get the feeling that a lot of people believe that all ST's are ecore's, when they aren't. Only some are.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
I think the bigger sellers all are. Odd balls like the ST 3950 I use are still conventional.

Note sure but I thought it was said that the top ten selling part numbers were being converted over to E-Core?

Hootbro

Hmmmmmm, maybe it's time to start hoarding filters! Since I've got at least 25 changes worth of GC Green on hand, roughly $300 worth of M1s and K&Ns should keep me happy, and unconcerned. Seriously, I wonder if the "premium" Champion designs, especially M1 and K&N will go E-Core???

No.

Not at least for some time because Champs E-core lines are running at near capacity. Along with the fact the Mobil 1 and K&N filters use a thicker shell and backplate. That would take different equipment that Champ doesn't have at the moment.

However..at some point down the road..but it might be a year or two or more..

To sxg6: Yes, it has the nylon cage inside just like the ST I put on in place of it, w/ the bypass on the dome end. It has the recessed base plate w/ two sets of holes just like the ST. I wonder if anyone at that Firestone knows what an E-core is. I should storm in there with the old filter and throw it at the mgr yelling, "You sold me an E-core and didn't tell me! You (add bad word here) !!
mad.gif
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back