Gas Nozzle Stuck in Pickup

Was at the local 76 filling up a bit ago and saw a Ram with the fuel nozzle stuck. The lady and employee were jiggling, wiggling, wedging a piece of wood, etc. Wouldn't come out. I just Googled it and it seems like this might not be uncommon. Anyone experienced this or seen it before? How would you ever leave the station?!?

Never heard of that! After a quick search, there seems to be a connection between this problem and some kind of special Gas nozzles required in California and any other places with the same requirements for gas station pumps? Bizarre.

Was at the local 76 filling up a bit ago and saw a Ram with the fuel nozzle stuck. The lady and employee were jiggling, wiggling, wedging a piece of wood, etc. Wouldn't come out. I just Googled it and it seems like this might not be uncommon. Anyone experienced this or seen it before? How would you ever leave the station?!?
4Low

Used to happen often when my dad's 77 Camaro. It was probably made more difficult with the filler neck behind the license plate

Metal flap on the tank neck size restrictor got bent and is now digging into the nozzle catching it.
Happens from folks just jamming the nozzle into the tank over time.

The person could have just driven off, the nozzles are designed to break away if someone does that. Of course damage to the vehicle may occur....

I was at a gas station a few years ago when someone did just that. I watched him drive away, pull over across the street, remove the nozzle and section of hose and throw it in the street while cursing up a storm before speeding away. Someone notified the cashier and he went out and retrieved the nozzle.

The person could have just driven off, the nozzles are designed to break away if someone does that. Of course damage to the vehicle may occur....

I was at a gas station a few years ago when someone did just that. I watched him drive away, pull over across the street, remove the nozzle and section of hose and throw it in the street while cursing up a storm before speeding away. Someone notified the cashier and he went out and retrieved the nozzle.
I was wondering about that. I've seen it before, too.

Back