Gas grill recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Weber S-320 which was made in USA back in Jan-2008. One of the benefits of this is that the instructions were written in English not engrish. Everything went together very well & exactly as the instructions said. The performance is very good - excellent. The side burner does a good job.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Long live charcoal!!!

27.gif

I imagine one day we will be back to that...

Also I don't recommend the cheap Fiesta one we got, it worked fine for a few years but now everything inside is rusting out.
We are looking for a new one right now and probably will spend $400+ depending on quality.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the 3-burner Weber (Spirit E-310). Let's just hope the Chinese did a good job on it...

It's not the race of people that build your BBQ that make it inferior or superior it's the company that puts their productions facilities over there and doesn't work with the workers to ensure top-quality goods because all they care about is cheap prices to fatten up their profit margins!
wink.gif

I have had McDonalds in China and it tastes the same there as it does here... They produce all their buns, hamburger patties there... But McDonalds corporate also thoroughly audits the production process because they have a name to protect. (See Golden Arches inside the Empire)

So if they can make American style McDonalds products in China for the Chinese market and it tastes and looks 100% the same then why can't they make BBQ's?

Although I would agree with you that lots of stuff that happens to come from China isn't the best quality, it's the companies fault not the workers... They are hard working people!

Don't insult the race... It's not fair.
thumbsup2.gif

If you are going to insult any race, insult the American Business men who are a race of people that only care about profits and outsource their production to china with little QC involved and then blame the Chinese for it!
thumbsup2.gif

(My aunt is Chinese and I have visited China, and I speak from first hand experience!)

Originally Posted By: StevieC
It's not the race of people that build your BBQ that make it inferior or superior it's the company that puts their productions facilities over there and doesn't work with the workers to ensure top-quality goods because all they care about is cheap prices to fatten up their profit margins!
wink.gif

Well, the reason Weber took it overseas wasn't to cut prices (because the grills still cost the same if not more). It was to increase their margins. Let's just hope they didn't cut those costs too much, that's all I'm saying.

Quote:

I have had McDonalds in China and it tastes the same there as it does here... They produce all their buns, hamburger patties there...

You mean dogburgers?
LOL.gif
j/k

Quote:
Don't insult the race... It's not fair.
thumbsup2.gif

Take it easy. Have a beer! Where did I insult anyone? I just said that I hope they did a good job. Why do you interpret it as an insult? Obviously, the top management is responsible for that job as much as they are. I realize the workers at the factory don't design the grills - they only make them according to the instructions.

I wasn't pointing the finger at you, just using your post as an example... There is a lot of "Chinese" bashing that goes on here and it's not the hard working race that is responsible for poor quality. They just do as they are told... It's the greedy American corporations fattening their profits and blaming the race.

Sorry if I seemed like I was picking on you!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I wasn't pointing the finger at you, just using your post as an example... There is a lot of "Chinese" bashing that goes on here and it's not the hard working race that is responsible for poor quality. They just do as they are told... It's the greedy American corporations fattening their profits and blaming the race.

Sorry if I seemed like I was picking on you!
cheers3.gif

I see your point; it's not the people, it's the companies, American AND Chinese.
what I know used to happen in the cycling industry (and I'm sure many others) was a sample item/product would be spec'd/tested, and it would be perfect. then, once production started/order placed, the chinese supplier would outsource it or substitute something cheaper. the whole melamine issue springs to mind as well.
so, although the 'race' of people should not be blamed, there is a culture there in mfg to be underhanded or somewhat less than scrupulous.

And I would agree with you, but the American company importing the products should have been doing their own mystery shops and/or QC tests ones the products arrived in the US like any other company that outsources usually does... This costs money and I think they don't do it because they could care less unless there is a problem and then they end up paying through the nose for it!
wink.gif

The Chinese *are* capable of making quality products, it all depends on what the parent company demands. Given a choice, I'll favor USA made products. When there isn't a choice, you go by name brand and build quality.

Weber is still a name brand that I trust, almost of their products are still made in Palatine, IL. Sure, a few minor components of the grill may be Chinese made, but that doesn't concern me. Almost nothing these days is "100% USA PARTS AND ASSEMBLY"

I love my "Made in the USA" Weber-Q 200 grill!

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Weber is still a name brand that I trust, almost of their products are still made in Palatine, IL. Sure, a few minor components of the grill may be Chinese made, but that doesn't concern me. Almost nothing these days is "100% USA PARTS AND ASSEMBLY"

The entire Spirit line (one of their biggest sellers) is not only completely made of Chinese components but also fully assembled there. At the same time they shifted its production there, they hiked the price by $100. Still, the reviews are good and the warranty is good, so let's hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back