GARY ALLEN - BUY THIS JEEP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Pottsville ..about 60 miles from here ..but close enough

Nice Cherokee ..but $15k for even a new 2001 is a bit out there. I didn't even know that a cassette was an option after the mid 90's. Edit: I see it's a CD and cassette..

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Nice Cherokee ..but $15k for even a new 2001 is a bit out there. I didn't even know that a cassette was an option after the mid 90's.

I had a 99 300m with am/fm/cassete/cd... Was great for books on tape during long trips.

Jeebus, Pottsville...Pottstown...Lot of pott down there.

Man, I would love to lift that thing and wheel the doo dee out of it. I'd throw my old Twisted Sister tape in and hit the trails.

Yeah different Pott, looks like PA has more than one to --- in.
grin2.gif
J/K

But 10mi., seriously. Guy musta thought it was going to be a collectors item one day. Came to his senses, but for 15K, maybe not.

Nice looking though, more so for a vehicle up North.

lol.gif
Actually it's a lot of Potts that were around here. John Potts ...Pottstown ..Pottsgrove Pottsville (although Pottsville was founded by a different Potts).

I just noticed that it doesn't have cruise control either (unless I missed it).

I'd buy another Chero to bash around in. That one ..it's hard to figure out what to do with it. It's too clean to "just drive" ..too showroom to mod ...too whatever to put in a museum. Better put it back on dry storage for another decade.

Little history- the Potts family owned the land that Washington stayed on during the Valley Forge encampment. Pottstown- Gary's stomping grounds, was named for their child IIRC. Apparently, the Potts are fertile PAers.

ref

Cassette, that awesome. My friends bought an '02 Mercury from this lady that has a cassette player. No CD player, just cassettes.

They really cheapened out the 2001's. I had a 2000 Limited but it had wood trim on the inside (doors, dash), leather seats, chrome grill and chrome trim on rear hatch, cruise control - all not shown on this one. Also, I had the better 4WD that allowed full-time 4wd use while still having part time 4H and 4L.

Still not bad. I miss mine!

If you want to talk about "stripped" cherokees my work had one with no tach, no temp guage, just an idiot light! It was "Fleet white"...

Somewhere in China they continued making XJ Cherokees with the old tooling, IIRC.

My '89 two door XJ is so bare, it has the 1 piece vinyl floor, and an AM radio! The only "extras" are A/C and automatic.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Nice Cherokee ..but $15k for even a new 2001 is a bit out there. I didn't even know that a cassette was an option after the mid 90's. Edit: I see it's a CD and cassette..

Actually the RESERVE price is above $15K since it says "Reserve not met". Since Edmunds gives it a RETAIL price of just over 8K I'd say NO THANKS.

Priced way too high (this is not Barrett-Jackson) but man, I'd buy that if it was around $6-$8k right now.

Much better vehicle than the Liberty.

Looking at the sticker, they sure over priced the rig back in 2001. $25k!
shocked2.gif

Nice find but way over priced. Love to hear the story behind it.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
My '89 two door XJ is so bare, it has the 1 piece vinyl floor, and an AM radio! The only "extras" are A/C and automatic.

Some winters (summer/fall/spring as well) I would love just such a rig. What price range would you guess???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back