Garage floor coating

Just was wondering who has coated their garage floor and did you do it yourself? How well has it held up?

I'm looking at coating my 20' x 22' garage floor. Does the do it yourself last? I was looking at Garage Experts since they state it has a lifetime warranty against peeling. Considering I don't know what all has been spilled on the concrete, who knows how well the coating will hold up even with a good acid cleaning. Just wanted to get some insight. Thanks

Done in march with the epoxy kit from home depot (forgot the name, epoxy shield if i’m not mistake). Took 4 days with all the prep but turned out really nice, time will tell how they hold up but so far so good. Definitely wouldn’t pay thousands for professional coating, especially “these” days

Done in march with the epoxy kit from home depot (forgot the name, epoxy shield if i’m not mistake). Took 4 days with all the prep but turned out really nice, time will tell how they hold up but so far so good. Definitely wouldn’t pay thousands for professional coating, especially “these” days

This tends to work best....

I have RaceDeck in my garage as I am brutal when it comes to use. The RaceDeck was installed about 4 years ago. Its easy to clean and looks great. The only negative is I need to back in as opposed to pulling in straight as my garage opening is on the side of the home.

rat407,

Have you visited the GarageJournal forum yet? They have a dedicated diy friendly floor coating section with representation from professionals and coating companies. At least a weeks worth of reading there to get up to speed.

rat407,

Have you visited the GarageJournal forum yet? They have a dedicated diy friendly floor coating section with representation from professionals and coating companies. At least a weeks worth of reading there to get up to speed.
No I haven't. I did visit the DIY forum. Thanks for the info. :)

Back