Garage door woes (happy-ish ending)

Noticed a gap at the bottom of the door so I needed to replace the bottom seal. Old one literally disintegrated by touching it. Very brittle.

Well, no hardware store near me has the correct fitting seal. Ordered off Amazon. Fit well with the help of my wife feeding it through Plus spraying silicone spray.

Then, trim the edges some So it doesnt bump into the track. Go to close the garage and it doesn't close... spent 1 hour adjusting springs and messing with wheels/ door track, etc. Call the garage door company that did it: "can get somebody out Monday, but warranty is expired so we'll see what we can do." I told them let me keep tinkering and I'll call if I need you guys.

My wife eventually says "what if you trim this end a bit more?" I'm like "don't think that's it but let's try anything at this point. "... it works! 😂🙃

Unfortunately, there's a sliver of light shining through one side, so I may get a length of sheet metal and form it to line up with the ground and screw it into the bottom of the door on that side.

20240615_170743.jpg
20240615_164406.jpg

Back