G Oil Racing 5W30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a VOA of the Racing version of G-Oil 5W30 oil.

Blackstone-E41614.jpg

It has what they call nanoized geodesic bearings which is some proprietary thing to G-Oil. They say it is the same as the regular G-Oil 5W30 except for the nanoized geodesic bearings.

Wow this G-Oil is some cool stuff I guess it would be considered a GRP.V Fully Synthetic Ester oil. There is no dealers around me but Amazon has a case of 6 (non-racing 5w30) for $41.00-$10 rebate. I am contemplating this big time. Biodegradable, Made in USA. Me Likes. Amazon has 21 reviews all 5 stars. There is at least one [censored] who doesn't like something so that is pretty amazing too. Thanks for posting this! I thought they only made 2-cycle stuff.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Wow this G-Oil is some cool stuff I guess it would be considered a GRP.V Fully Synthetic Ester oil. There is no dealers around me but Amazon has a case of 6 (non-racing 5w30) for $41.00-$10 rebate. I am contemplating this big time. Biodegradable, Made in USA. Me Likes. Amazon has 21 reviews all 5 stars. There is at least one [censored] who doesn't like something so that is pretty amazing too. Thanks for posting this! I thought they only made 2-cycle stuff.

Your welcome, they make a whole bunch of products. I have not tried any out yet but I have bought some to try just have not had the chance yet. This oil certainly does not smell like typical motor oil, smells like fat, which it is made from.

Originally Posted By: Dieseldoctor
The racing stuff is quite expensive @ 15 dollars a quart be interesting to see how well it holds up

Yes it is and especially for saying on the bottle all they did was add nanoized geodesic bearings to the oil to the regular 5W30

WARNING:
Too slick for alusil cylinder walls.
DO NOT USE.

===============================================================

Too slick? There's something you don't hear very often. I hope none of those official le Mans engines are using alusil
smile.gif

That add-pack is actually far more 'conventional' than I though it migh be.

Thought we migh see something weird like lots of antimony, barium, copper...something like that.....

OR I thought it might have really, really low levels of metallic additives, relying on the ester base-stock to do the work.

Since I'm not very good at understanding all these numbers, Is there anything there that would indicate how well this oil cleans?

Thanks

The 'natural Ester base oil', in the same vein as RLI oils, should excite. I'm guessing that's where a lot of the oils performance comes from. RLI oils have comparatively low additve levels as well.

The website says that their oils are made "with a proprietary blend of highly polar natural esters and high performance additives".

Fuchs(rhymes with hooks) has a GT1 Titan 0w20 that shows almost 'nothing' in the VOA. I think that we'll see more of-- 'less' is 'more' additive packages. But, it'll require a no-wear UOA for us to believe it, or want to believe it.

And the G-oil is equipped with "NANO GEODESIC BEARINGS... tiny spherical shaped particles" , which might not show up in a VOA. Nano-tech is the future.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
...tiny spherical shaped particles

Of what?

Good question. I'm sure that's "proprietary".

Just FYI, I saw this at wal-mart in Laredo, tx (10w-30) for 6 bucks and some change. Sounds good, but not sure I want to put sirloin juice in my engine.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back