FWD tire wear

Just a question of curiosity.
On a front wheel drive car(take a Honda Civic for example), which front tire will wear more quickly(even by 1/32nd) than the other tire?
Is it the driver side front tire or the passenger side front tire?
Is there a reason? e.g., how often we turn one way over the other way(more right turns than left turns or visa-versa)?

I have(ONLY) read that in the U.S./Canada, because the driver sit on the left and turns left more often that, the passenger front tire will wear(just a tiny bit) more quickly.

But in other countries where the driver side is on the right, that the passenger side front tire wears more quickly...for that same reason but in reverse.

I realize that everyones situation is different however, just as a...rule-of-thumb/grand scheme of things/statistically etc.
What say you?

CB

I think where drive sits is not that important.
Dominant turn direction is more important.

Have you been to UK? They do have 'roundabout'/'traffic circle' galore. I think they use left side (outside) tires more when going around whether they take left or right turn.

I may be wrong but I have theory for almost anything. Some of them may even be true.

Krzyś

Dominant turn direction is more important.
THIS. My passenger side tires wear out faster than my driver's side. The "Daily Loop" I drive to and from work is basically a large circle of left hand turns.

Back