Fuzzy owners manual info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NavyVet88
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Does it tell you to never exceed one year?

Nope. It just says I should change it at 15%. I'm not gonna run oil down to 15% thinking I have nothing to worry about. Running oil that far in seems like the same thing as my deodorant saying that I only have to apply it once a week guarantee

I only use deodorant if I have to teach a class.
smile.gif

The algorithm takes in account many variables and calculates when the oil should be changed.

The sandbag analogy was very good.

If you don't believe or want to follow the OLM, then change the oil when it turns black.

Last edited:
NavyVet88, you've put 90,000 miles on the Honda in 2 years, I'm just curious what service intervals you've been using? Whatever you're doing seems to be working.

Originally Posted By: hpb
NavyVet88, you've put 90,000 miles on the Honda in 2 years, I'm just curious what service intervals you've been using? Whatever you're doing seems to be working.

Sorry for the late reply bossman, I bought the car new when I was stationed in Virginia and the trip to base was 94 miles round trip each day 5 days a week and that doesn't include going to buy groceries locally up there or making the 750 mile drive home one way twice a year for two weeks and the driving done at home. I've basically clocked the mileage on this car pretty good since buying it and the dealer told me that it was a 7500 mile oci which I thought was odd from the jump(coming from owning a 3,000 mile oci prior vehicle).

The first 60,000 miles(warranty period) was done at the dealer using Honda genuine 0w-20 and oem filter. I've used Mobil 1 EP with M1 filter ever since doing it myself.

I wasn't gonna keep paying 79.95 for an oil change at the dealer when I can buy oil and filter for less than 40

Last edited:
NavyVet, with all those miles driven I'd be tempted to use a Fram Ultra (longer life than M1 filter) oil filter and Amsoil Signature Series 0w-30 in it (some extra viscosity margin for long intervals) and go 20,000 miles.
Of course your usage has dropped so I like the your choice of M1 EP for normal mile accumulation.
Taxi drivers have this same issue. They are changing their oil every time they turn around and want to go longer.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
You know, I'm surprised some don't put their cars on an I.V. drip of continuous fresh oil!

You invent that, and Merk will be your first customer. I think there was something like that for a Cummins a bunch of years ago, but, shhh, or he'll be trying to track it down.

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
NavyVet, with all those miles driven I'd be tempted to use a Fram Ultra (longer life than M1 filter) oil filter and Amsoil Signature Series 0w-30 in it (some extra viscosity margin for long intervals) and go 20,000 miles.
Of course your usage has dropped so I like the your choice of M1 EP for normal mile accumulation.
Taxi drivers have this same issue. They are changing their oil every time they turn around and want to go longer.

Yeah man I've literally never heard anything bad about Mobil1 oil or filter and honestly all the other oils at my Walmart are literally 1-4 dollars cheaper that are supposedly great oils. Pennzoil platinum constantly stays sold out in 0w-20 and its on rollback for 22 and some change with Mobil 1 being 26 and change. I'm gonna make the next OCI PP with a wix xp or a Fram ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back