funny car listing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I betcha' a wrecking yard bought the car from somebody wanting quick cash with no hassle selling privately.

At the yard in California we had folks sell us their car when they could have received MUCH more putting an ad in the paper or selling to a dealer.

True story; back in 1989 a Chinese dude and his family drove up in a sweet 1985 Celica. Perfect condition. Ran perfectly. Guy spoke in broken English that his kids didn't like the car so he wanted to sell this one then go buy a different one.

I'd guesstimate value at that time as $4,000, though I can not recall exactly what four-year-old used Celicas were selling for.

Boss offered the guy $200. I was astounded when the guy agrred to that amount. Paperwork was in order. Everything was legitimate!!!! THe family walked off, bound for one of the nearby car dealers, I suppose.

Betcha they paid MSRP if they bought a new car!!!!!

Though that price paid was extremely low getting great deals was not that uncommon. I tried to figure out what made those folks sell their car so cheaply to a wrecking yard. Had to be ignorance since the yard was set up to ensure all cars bought were being sold legitimitely and legally and that all was kosher.

Buncha' weirdos out there..... or, so rich that the convenience of selling to a wrecking yard outweighed the relative inconvenience of getting rid of a car in another manner.

This Car has a retail value of $9,000 - $18,000 depending on who wants it.

What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does that mean?

I wanna meet the guy that forks over $9K for that tired yacht. I've got some beachfront in Dallas for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back