Fumoto Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use them and sell them at my shop....I love the fumoto valve especially when hot diesels come in and need oil changes when hot. Great product highy reccommend it

I've got one installed (sold the other one once I saw how it works) and while they do work, I'd rather have a Fram Sure drain installed.

Here are some Fumoto threads;

One

My thread with photos on the Fumoto

On my 05 Corolla and my new to me 2004 GMC I have Sure Drains on and they work. WELL!

Take care, Bill

I have a Fumoto drain valve on my Rx-7. I can reach the lever from up top of the engine bay. There is no need to jack the car up to change oil.

On my Mazda3, I have a Fram Sure Drain. I just installed it last oil change so I have not utilized it yet, but am looking forward to use it.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
I've got one installed (sold the other one once I saw how it works) and while they do work, I'd rather have a Fram Sure drain installed.

One

On my 05 Corolla and my new to me 2004 GMC I have Sure Drains on and they work. WELL!

Take care, Bill

Hey Bill, do you have anything similar on your Subaru? I'd love to put something like this on my Subaru, but a Fumoto would stick down too far for me to be comfortable with. I know people say they're built like tanks and aren't going to break, but I'm still not comfortable with it (granted if that little bit extra was the difference between me hitting something and not hitting something I probably shouldn't have been driving there to begin with).

I love the Subaru drain bolt, cause the opening is so large oil flows right out so quickly. I know any kind of valve is going to make it considerably smaller and thus take longer to drain, but if I can get the simple convenience from one I'll check it out

Well Fumoto puts in their instructions that DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN AS YOU WILL SNAP OFF THE THREADS!

So much for brass being strong. (because it is not).

No, I've still got the Fumoto on the Subaru (it has a lot of clearance) but sold the one I bought for the Corolla. Never installed it on the Toyota as it would have been knocked off within a month here.

I can not find a Sure Drain for my Subaru. If I could I'd buy it in a sec. I was able to find Sure drains for my truck and Sisters (new to her) 2007 Caravan.

Around here you get on I-15 to get anywhere. Truck tire treads are all over and in the dark, its DARK. With only 2 lanes you sometimes hit things because the only thing is to slow down and that is not enough.

Between the tires and wildlife its a dodge course every night going and coming from work.

Bill

Thanks for the info Bill.

Not to take this away from the Fumoto valve, but on the subject of oil drain valves, has anyone had any experience with the Femco No Spill System? http://www.nospillsystems.com/home.htm It's very similar to the Fram Sure Drain, and for those of us with a Subaru it might be easier to find one in our size than a Fram. As an added bonus they offer a low profile version of it as well.

However, I remember when I was originally looking into this (almost a year ago), the price was a bit steep. I don't remember how much it was, but it was more then I wanted to spend on blind faith and was hoping someone could comment on it before I purchased it. Though if nobody has used one, I might bite the bullet and get so that I can review it for anyone else who might be on the fence about it

Originally Posted By: ZGRider
Could someone post a link to the Fram Sure Drain?

No longer made..
frown.gif

Amazon.com does have them for under $10.

Bill

Originally Posted By: sicko
Thanks for the info Bill.

Not to take this away from the Fumoto valve, but on the subject of oil drain valves, has anyone had any experience with the Femco No Spill System? http://www.nospillsystems.com/home.htm It's very similar to the Fram Sure Drain, and for those of us with a Subaru it might be easier to find one in our size than a Fram. As an added bonus they offer a low profile version of it as well.

However, I remember when I was originally looking into this (almost a year ago), the price was a bit steep. I don't remember how much it was, but it was more then I wanted to spend on blind faith and was hoping someone could comment on it before I purchased it. Though if nobody has used one, I might bite the bullet and get so that I can review it for anyone else who might be on the fence about it

They sure are not making it easy to get them according to their web site. It would be nice to know how much!
33.gif

There was another place making like sure drains (low profile) but they were around $90. For $90 I'll go back to a drain pan and use the bolt.

With the Fumoto you have to use a pan and be there for the first 2-3 minutes moving the pan around to catch the oil. Once the flow has slowed then you can do something else.

The Suredrain uses a hose into the recycle container.

Bill

One

Take care, Bill

I searched but didn't see anything on Fumoto Valve so I had to make a thread.

Originally Posted By: inmate

One

Take care, Bill

I searched but didn't see anything on Fumoto Valve so I had to make a thread.

Here;

Fumoto search for BITOG

The search stinks here so use google.
01.gif

Take care, bill

PS:
welcome2.gif

With the Fumoto you have to use a pan and be there for the first 2-3 minutes moving the pan around to catch the oil. Once the flow has slowed then you can do something else.

Bill

I have the Fumoto with a 6 inch tube attached to the nipple. Works great, oil goes straight into the recycle container.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 brand new FUMOTO F107 in their original packages for sale. The F107 fits almost all GM engines. If interested in buying both, I'll sell them for $40 US with free shipping. I will take PayPal. I'm in Canada but will also ship free to the lower 48. PM me if interested.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
On my Mazda3, I have a Fram Sure Drain. I just installed it last oil change so I have not utilized it yet, but am looking forward to use it.

And which part # sure drain did you use for your Mazda? It looks like the SD2 is the correct one. Just want to make sure before I order one...

I have one each (Fumoto and Sure Drain) on my personal vehicles. I am very happy with both. I have the N type Fumoto on my Rogue and keep the nipple covered with a vacuum cap to keep it clean. Makes oil sampling very convenient. I got a Sure Drain for the Yaris because I wasn't comfortable with a Fumoto given the drain plug location. I ended up getting Sure Drains for all the police vehicles I service too, for under 8 bucks ea. shipped free.

"Introducing the best way to change oil, the Engine Oil Drain Valve. Install this valve and you can drain your engine oil without tools and without mess. Just lift the lever of this solid brass ball valve and give it a quarter turn to open it. Return the lever to its original position and it locks closed, double sealed to prevent leakage. The Engine Oil Drain Valve is made of corrosion resistant forged brass and stainless steel. The ball valve design provides a straight flow for efficient drainage and a perfect seal when closed. Frozen drain plug and stripped threads are eliminated forever. Drawing samples for oil analysis is as easy as one-two-three. Sizes to fit all cars, light trucks vans heavy-duty trucks and buses. Also fits RVs, marine engines and industrial equipment."

"Ball Valves have proven to be the most reliable and troublefree way of draining unwanted accumulations from air or water systems. They will not clog up because of their straight through flow and positive closing action."

I think the ball valve is better than the valve that they used in Fram Sure Drain (Does anyone know their design?).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton

Bill

I have the Fumoto with a 6 inch tube attached to the nipple. Works great, oil goes straight into the recycle container.

And if we are concerned with the Fumoto hitting something I would think putting something on it to make it LONGER would not be too smart.

Go LOOK at the photos and just think of another 1/2-3/4 of a inch. And this is on a vehicle with 9 inches of ground clearance.

Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton

Bill

And if we are concerned with the Fumoto hitting something I would think putting something on it to make it LONGER would not be too smart.

Go LOOK at the photos and just think of another 1/2-3/4 of a inch. And this is on a vehicle with 9 inches of ground clearance.

I don't know, my Audi sits pretty low to the ground, not a problem in just over 95,000 miles with the valve on. I guess this is one of those, YMMV type situations. But, it sure makes for an easy, mess free oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back