Fumoto. Drain Valve-Any problems with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used them on three different cars over the last 15 years and purchase of a Fumoto valve is usually one of the first things I buy after purchasing a new car....these days, right after the spare tire to replace the inflation kit.

If you don't change your own oil, I think there's legitimate fear in a quickie lube tech approaching it "the wrong way" or otherwise reinstalling or manipulating it wrong. Similarly, if there's nothing protecting your oil pan and the valve is dangling down, then I might be hesitant to install one. My current vehicle has an open cowl around and below the pan that serves to protect it from road hazards. On that count, if something got up there it would probably take the pan with it anyway so I don't have any issues with using the Fumoto.

I am sure if you bring in a car to iffy lube with a Fumoto valve installed they will find a way to use an impact wrench to tighten it. I think they do not feel right if they did not use an impact wrench on your car.

I like the Fumoto valves. Have used them in many of my vehicles over the years. Current have one in my Semi Truck, pickup, car, and ag tractor. Had one in my previous pickup and Jeep Liberty also. My pickups are rural gravel road travelers with a lot of time in hilly crop and pasture areas, crossing rutted draws and over ag terraces. I have yet to damage a one. Current semi (684,000 miles) and previous 2 semis (1 million miles each) all have had Fumotos. Just like American Express.... Don't leave home without one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back