Fully synth or just normal mineral

i have changed my motor from 1300cc to 1500cc as my old engine was done for '' a Mitsubishi lancer 1998 '' the mechanic used Mannol safari 20w50 SN rated mineral oil '' i live in Egypt temp never goes below 10 Celsius and at summer it reaches over 40 Celsius '' for the 1st 1000KM to help clean and test the new engine and it was fine then changed again with the same oil and recommended to change it every 4000KM as our roads are dusty and heavily crowded, i wanna shoot for extra protection i want the best oil i could put into the car i wanna try full synth oil and the only full synth oil that comes in that 20w50 grade is Amsoil premium protection, now the question is should i change for Amsoil and extend the drain interval to 10000KM will it give more protection to the engine component and better flow ? my summer driving is mostly traveling for long long distances on a high RPM while mostly at winter its normal driving, is the change worth the money that will be spent ?

another idea i have is to use 10w60 at summer to provide that extra protection from long exposure to high RPM and 10w40 at winter

Extra effort on special oil for a 23 year old worn out vehicle is a waste of time so no, use what the owner's manual specifies, not some higher viscosity premium priced oil.

Extra effort on special oil for a 23 year old worn out vehicle is a waste of time so no, use what the owner's manual specifies, not some higher viscosity premium priced oil.
i have replaced the old worn out engine for a Japanese imported one which is in a very good condition

Since you have dusty conditions and change oil fairly often, I would use a 20W50 mineral type oil. Take a look at Shell and Castrol’s website, the recommendations are there. No need for the extra money for synthetic oil. Clean air is a must in your location. Change your air filter pretty often.

Since you have dusty conditions and change oil fairly often, I would use a 20W50 mineral type oil. Take a look at Shell and Castrol’s website, the recommendations are there. No need for the extra money for synthetic oil. Clean air is a must in your location. Change your air filter pretty often.
i do change the air filter and fuel filter every 10k to 15k KM maximum shell and castrol here are Egyptian made and filled and both suck imported oils are much better than the local ones we have here '' Mobil, Shell, Castrol '' we have imported oils like Motul, Mannol, Amsoil, Liqui moly all of the imported brands are much better than the ones made locally here

my goal is not to save money i am trying to get best protection under extreme condition cause sometimes i would tow one of my friends or travel at high speeds so high RPM with air conditioner on and so on

Egypt presents some unusual operating conditions. Heavy traffic, extreme heat, lots of dust.

I think I would go with what’s locally available, the 20w50 in the summer, the 10w40 in “winter” (which really means normal weather and lots of dust and traffic) and change it often.

Egypt presents some unusual operating conditions. Heavy traffic, extreme heat, lots of dust.

I think I would go with what’s locally available, the 20w50 in the summer, the 10w40 in “winter” (which really means normal weather and lots of dust and traffic) and change it often.
Yes exactly that what i am talking about and thats why i was looking for more protection as mineral oil doesn't give enough protection vs those conditions and i was wondering if i would be better off with some synth protection, can i do that change in winter from 20w50 in summer to 10w40 in winter wouldn't that cause oil consumption ?

While higher viscosity is great for hot climates - higher viscosity also means higher oil temps. So now you got plenty of oil film, but your engine is battling high temps on the inside (as highly viscous oil does not cool as well) and on the outside with the high ambient temperatures, preventing the engine from cooling down more efficiently. I would think the engine will benefit from a high quality full synthetic 5W40/10W40 diesel oil. It should bring the oil temps down a little, while still providing good protection and oil film strength. Or find a good synthetic 15w50/20w50 oil for summer, and 5w40/10w40 for slightly cooler times of the year.

If you have oil pressure and oil temperature gauges - then it would make it very easy for you to find the best possible oil. But definitely go with synthetic, no matter the viscosity grade.

Yes exactly that what i am talking about and thats why i was looking for more protection as mineral oil doesn't give enough protection vs those conditions and i was wondering if i would be better off with some synth protection, can i do that change in winter from 20w50 in summer to 10w40 in winter wouldn't that cause oil consumption ?

I don’t know that synthetic does offer you better protection. You want an oil viscosity that is appropriate for your temperatures, and the higher ones make sense in the extreme heat, so, yep 20W50 summer. Your winter is more like my regular weather, so, then the 10W40 is more appropriate.

Because of your crazy traffic (and it is crazy, sorry) with extensive idling in extreme heat, and all the dust, I would want to change the oil more often to remove contamination. So, no need for synthetic or long drain oil, just a good oil that’s changed often. In that case, locally available will be the most economical choice.

The earlier comment on the air filter is a good one, in your operating conditions. My time in Bahrain, and Qatar (similar climate, less traffic) showed me just how blazing hot, and really dusty, it can be. Vehicles don’t last long in those extremes unless they’re well cared for.

Can you get Mobil Delvac 1 in 5w40 ? That can handle temperature extremes like in turbo engines etc …
Even though made for larger engines … number of folks (self included) have run it in gasoline cars, light trucks, etc …
I even have it in air cooled generators that get really hot in the summer …
You probably don’t have room for a bypass filtration system to help with grit in oil ?

it is always interesting to hear from non north american folks here, thank you espada. in late 1990s i drove a 1993 volvo 245 in saudi arabia’s eastern province for two years. was humid near the coast where i mostly drove in slower traffic, punctuated by some inland, long, hot, dry, high speed highway drives. i used mobil 1 10w40 with six month oil, filter changes, plus annual air filter changes too, from 1993 in japan where i bought it, to 2005 in korea where i sold it. its engine was pristine. extra attention should be given to tires in the desert too.

I don’t know that synthetic does offer you better protection. You want an oil viscosity that is appropriate for your temperatures, and the higher ones make sense in the extreme heat, so, yep 20W50 summer. Your winter is more like my regular weather, so, then the 10W40 is more appropriate.

Because of your crazy traffic (and it is crazy, sorry) with extensive idling in extreme heat, and all the dust, I would want to change the oil more often to remove contamination. So, no need for synthetic or long drain oil, just a good oil that’s changed often. In that case, locally available will be the most economical choice.

The earlier comment on the air filter is a good one, in your operating conditions. My time in Bahrain, and Qatar (similar climate, less traffic) showed me just how blazing hot, and really dusty, it can be. Vehicles don’t last long in those extremes unless they’re well cared for.

You are absolutely right about traffic here it is beyond crazy dude no offense felt at all actually thats why i wanna get the best goddamn oil to deal with these traffic, heat, dust and heavy loads i have used 20w50 mineral oil SJ rated changed at 2500km instead of 3000 manufacturer recommendation to cope with the severe driving conditions even in winter still 20w50, the oil i have now is 20w50 SN but still mineral but higher quality than the local made oils so no need to go overboard with synth oils? Just early oil changes " 1000km earlier than oil manufacturer recommendation " and in winter do i change to 10w40 is it okay to do that?

I think that’s a good plan.

Even 3000 KM is very, very conservative on the change interval, but you operate in real extremes.

Can you get Mobil Delvac 1 in 5w40 ? That can handle temperature extremes like in turbo engines etc …
Even though made for larger engines … number of folks (self included) have run it in gasoline cars, light trucks, etc …
I even have it in air cooled generators that get really hot in the summer …
You probably don’t have room for a bypass filtration system to help with grit in oil ?
The problem is with ambient temperature 5w wont work in summer maybe i could get away with it in winter but at summer it would evaporate and make the lifters noisy as hell

I think that’s a good plan.

Even 3000 KM is very, very conservative on the change interval, but you operate in real extremes.
Now one last question motul 20w50 SL or mannol 20w50 SN ? They both cost the same they both are mineral oil

Back