Full Synthetic Mercon V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is a full synthetic ATF thet is Mercon V approved? I know there is a Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, but id only says Mercon, not Mercon V. I have been using Quaker State Synthetic Blend ATF.

Amsoil sells a fully synthetic ATF that is both Mercon and Mercon V certified.

Disclaimer: I'm not an Amsoil dealer, just an Amsoil user.

I don't think I could get Amsoil locally... Does anyone have opinions on Exxon Superflo Synthetic blend ATF? I've been using Quaker state Synthetic blend. Which do you think is better?

If I'm not mistaken, Redline D4 is also Mercon V rated and fully synthetic. That and Amsoil are the only two I've heard of.

I've been using and will continue to use Valvoline Durablend ATF. I've gotten great service out of it in all my Mercon and Mercon V applications.

Been using the Motorcarft Mercon V (blend) and have had excellent results. I'm not the "OEM or nothing" type, but feel that it gives good performance and was actually pretty reasonable in price.

I found an Amsoil dealer near me.. The general opinion is that amsoil makes very good synthetic motor oil. I would assume the same would apply to the ATF? Before I go in there and ask, does anyone have an idea approxinatley how mych the Amsoil Mercon V Synthetic should be per quart (They where closed when I found them, but there was a big sign in the window)?

Thanks

First of all the Amsoil board sponsors appreciate it muchly if you buy from us. This applies to the other board sponsors as well, not just to the 3 Amsoil weenies here. We pay a fee to be here and if we aren't making any $, then the whole board suffers.

Amsoil ATF is a top notch product.

The price should be between $5.90 and $7.80.

>>>Before I go in there and ask, does anyone have an idea approxinatley how mych the Amsoil Mercon V Synthetic should be per quart

Keep in mind that AMSOIL ATF is suitable for a number of different applications, including the Mercon V. There is not a special blend for that.

quote:

The price should be between $5.90 and $7.80.
Ouch!

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
First of all the Amsoil board sponsors appreciate it muchly if you buy from us. This applies to the other board sponsors as well, not just to the 3 Amsoil weenies here. We pay a fee to be here and if we aren't making any $, then the whole board suffers.

Amsoil ATF is a top notch product.

That's fine, but right now, I need the ATF by Thursday, and I'm not sure yet if I'm going to use Amsoil. While it's a good product, it may be a bit expensive for me right now. I know I can get Q/S Synth. Blend for 3.49 a quart, Valvoline Durablend and the Exxon ATF are proably in the same range. I'm going to need at lease 14-15 quarts. That's a differece of $2-$4/qt, or $30-$60 for the entire fill-up. That's a big difference, and I'm already streached out with the cost of the rest of the work I'm doing right now.

[ January 20, 2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Cougar281 ]

Cougar I know what you mean, but sometimes you do get what you pay for, I won't speak against any of the products you mention, but you may want to study the blends.

FWIW, the 4r70W in my '97 F150 got Valvoline Durablend at 30,000 mile intervals. It was running strong when sold at 163,000 miles. My '99 F150 with the 4r70w also has had the Durablend since 30,000 miles on the same interval. Its running strong at 96,000 miles.

If you're not abusing the tranny and or generating tons of heat through towing then probably any decent known brand name atf that MEETS the Mercon V specs will provide a long tranny life. That is if it's totally changed REGULARLY at 20,000-30,000 mile intervals FROM NEW, such as MNgopher has done.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back